Pioneer BDP51 problems?

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Decided to upgrade to the Pioneer bd51 and picked one up today from richer sounds at a good price.Have read through the manual and set it up but i have two problems. It wont give me the option to play at 720p although it shows the other options from 576i,576p,1080i to 1080p and my tv best displays 720p so i prefer this setting, also it wont bitstream Dolby True HD, it converts it to Dolby Digital yet it bitstreams DTS-HD Master no problems.Has anyone else come across this?

A

Anonymous

Yes I have, there is a firmware update I believe for this model. I have not used it yet, I have lots of other problems with the BDP51 such as loss of audio and a loss of picture.

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Have upgraded the firmware to 1.21 and can now bitstream Dolby TrueHD.The player has froze quite a few times and Ganges blu ray disc wont output the DTS 5.1 soundtrack (and as this is the only english speaking one am unable to understand the narration) it just makes a loud hissing noise.The picture quality on both blu ray and dvd is excellent as is the sound quality but there seems to be quite a few problems like 720p upconversion which hopefully will be sorted in future firmware upgrades!

TRENDING THREADS