itsallaboutfibre

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello WHF forum users i am new on here and delighted to be joining your community.

My question is regarding a Soundbar i have recently purchased namely Sony HT-RT5 which has wireless Sub and rears in a 5.1 scenario. The Soundbar is capable or reproducing DTS Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. Is it possible to feed the Soundbar through my Pioneer SC-LX85 for Video upscaling quality while maintain the Soundbar for Audio, I have the Pioneer KRP500 panel, but i believe the Receiver to have superior upscaling technology residing within it than the panel itself. I can hear the chuckles of disapproval and remarks of why on earth would you want to do that when you have pretty damn good AVR that blows any Soundbar out of the water when paired with appropriate speakers, which i already have in the shape of Tannoy DCT6 floors and surrounds to match. And i agree with you....kicker is we have moved into new build house and Wife doesn't want Matrix like speaker cable and alike running everywhere akin to our previous property...I can use Optical for Sky/Virgin in a 5.1 format...but would loose DTS Master Audio & Dolby TrueHD via toslink. Hence the reason for asking if it would be possilble to feed HDMI ARC port from Soundbar to Receiver to still achieve HD Audio when watching Bluray.

All constructive feedback and help would be immensely appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts