Pioneer BDP-51FD multi channel out!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to buy this player.

However, atm I don't have an HD reciever, so would be going down the analogue multi channel output route.

I gather the player will decode onboard Dolby TrueHD but not DTS-HD MA.

So my question is is there a format the majority of discs use. For example, if most discs were DTS-HD encoded the Pioneer could not output the Hi Def audio via multi channel. Then I would not buy.

The reason I ask is because all my Blu Ray discs are from online rentals so I don't get to read the back of the box to determine which Hi Def audio format is used.

Thanks very much if you can shed a little light on this for me
emotion-55.gif

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I have the BDP51FD and can confirm that this player now outputs DTS HD-MA via its analogue outs provided you give it the new firmware upgrade. If you visit the Pioneer website, find the player and follow the support details for the upgrade. I done this myself with no problems and mine can now decode DTS HD-MA onboard.

Matt

A

Anonymous

Thank you mattjax05 for this information. It's good to know it will handle both Hi Def audio formats via it's analogue outs. One other thing i'd like to know about is fan noise (if any). I am currently using a PS3 for Blu Rays and the fan whirring always starts after about 20mins into a film. How is the Pioneer with regards to fan noise?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

hi,can you tell me which pioneer site you got your upgrade off,i have downloaded off the eu site and cannot upgrade my pioneer because it comes up as a data disc,the upgrade is not currently on the uk site yet.

A

Anonymous

hi,luke kenobi i have this machine and can confirm the fan noise is virtually non existent,it is so quiet.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
vinylboy41:hi,can you tell me which pioneer site you got your upgrade off,i have downloaded off the eu site and cannot upgrade my pioneer because it comes up as a data disc,the upgrade is not currently on the uk site yet.

Hi - It's the EU site as you suggested however when you burn the information to a disc you need to burn it as an 'Image File'

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

vinylboy41:hi,luke kenobi i have this machine and can confirm the fan noise is virtually non existent,it is so quiet.Great news

A

Anonymous

hi,mattjax thanks for that,have now upgraded to 1.32 version,thanks once again.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
vinylboy41:hi,mattjax thanks for that,have now upgraded to 1.32 version,thanks once again.

No worries - I originally put it to disc as a data file and wondered why it wouldn't work! Less haste more speed from me in future.

Just out of interest, are you decoding the sound formats in the player of your amp?

A

Anonymous

hi,mattjax05 no i'm not using it through a av amp,it's in the bedroom so have got it hooked up to a stereo amp at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts