Pioneer 72 amp with Monitor Audio Silver 8 av package ex-display

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The products themselves are fine, but as I've said many times, the Pioneer receivers, due to their limitation of a single crossover point for all speakers that are set to small, limits the choice of speaker package that can successfully be used with them. Pioneers suit sub/sat packages and standmounts packages where all speakers are a similar or the same size. I'm presuming this limitation is something put in place by Air Studios, as I'm not sure why an AV manufacturer would do this on flagship products. Hopefully Pioneer will rethink this on future products now they're a part of Onkyo.

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
The products themselves are fine, but as I've said many times, the Pioneer receivers, due to their limitation of a single crossover point for all speakers that are set to small, limits the choice of speaker package that can successfully be used with them. Pioneers suit sub/sat packages and standmounts packages where all speakers are a similar or the same size. I'm presuming this limitation is something put in place by Air Studios, as I'm not sure why an AV manufacturer would do this on flagship products. Hopefully Pioneer will rethink this on future products now they're a part of Onkyo.
Cheers for the input, I think I did well choosing the products I bought, just regret not buying the Pioneer KRP500a now, but didn't want to put the weight on my stand but I am thinking it would've cope with it now! Doh.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
Cheers for the input, I think I did well choosing the products I bought, just regret not buying the Pioneer KRP500a now, but didn't want to put the weight on my stand but I am thinking it would've cope with it now! Doh.

You have an excellent TV Gel anywayso I wouldn't worry, but yes the KRP-500A is also a great TV *biggrin* I have had my 500A on a table top stand, then a cantilever stand and now on the wall and I wish I had just put it on the wall to start with - looks much better there!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:

You have an excellent TV Gel anywayso I wouldn't worry, but yes the KRP-500A is also a great TV *biggrin* I have had my 500A on a table top stand, then a cantilever stand and now on the wall and I wish I had just put it on the wall to start with - looks much better there!
Ah nice one. I would've loved to own a brand new one. Yep, people now are upgrading from a Pioneer to an OLED.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts