Pioneer 600AV vs Samsung DVD-HD870Vs PS3 for DVD playback

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have read a glowing report on this, especially it's 1080p upscaling ablities even though it only costs around £130.00

My DVD HD870 is OK but I am not entirley happy with it: 576p and 720p settings are not that good with only the 1080i setting being reasonably OK.

Anyone got the Pioneer 600AV or is able to comment on it's performance and if it would be compatible with 1024 X 768 resolution TV like the Samsung Plasma PS42Q97HDX with which I am more than happy

A

Anonymous

What with everyone having gone Pioneer crazy of late as far as their TV's are concerned, I can't believe for one moment no knows anything about, or doesn't own, a Pioneer DVD 600AV?

A

Anonymous

Probably because its not a tv or projector. Try the Home Cinema crowd.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the helpful response-I'd never have guessed that!

fruityboy

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
i purchased the dv 600 the first week it came out and its a fantastic player i watch it through my sony 32d3000 on 1080p upscaling i thought my old sony player was good through scart but the pioneer with hdmi takes it to another level the picture is nearly as good as hd

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Fruitboy-I will only be able to feed my TV either 720p or 1080i. Could you do me a favour and give me an idea of what they look like upscaled on your Sony TV, as I am just wondering if I should invest in a 1080p upscaling DVD like the Pioneer if I can't use 1080p anyway.

However if the picture is as good say using 1080i then I might just be tempted.

Thanks

fruityboy

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
yep it still looks excellent on 1080i and 720p just tested it with die hard 4.0 and it looks brilliant you can always take it back if your not happy with it within seven days

A

Anonymous

Fruitboy: Thank you very much for your help-I really appreciate it. From where did you get your Pioneer 600AV and how much did you pay for it if you don't mind my asking?

A

Anonymous

In the recent WHAT HFSV awards issue the Samsung DVD HD870 is rated as best DVD Player under £200.00?

This can't be right, unless of course I am misunderstood. So what happend to the like of the Denon 1940 and even the Pioneer 600AV. Is there in fact a significant difference in the picture quality of all these products including the PS3. If not and the differences are marginal I'm not sure how the Samsung can at £70 can hit the top

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts