Better DVD Upscaling than PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Although I have a 42ins Samsung HD ready only TV 1024 X 768 resolution and whilst I'm more than happy with the Blu Ray playback of our PS3 I wonder if it's possible to get a better upscaled DVD picture by perhaps upgrading to another BD Player and if so which one. Would it be practical to get a dedicated DVD player instead for my DVD collection which outstrips my BD collection. Moreover the picture quality of some of my DVD's is no better than the same film on BD. I could go for something like a Sony BDP S360 but I'm not sure so that will be a noticeable leap in either BD or DVD picture quality

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried letting your tv do the scaling by itself? As you have a HD ready tv then the source (the PS3) is upscaling then the tv is upscaling or downscaling (Depending on what the PS3 scaled to). Scaling twice is generally not recommended (Unless the tvs scaler is rubbish)

" Moreover the picture quality of some of my DVD's is no better than the same film on BD" - Dont you mean the other way round??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts