Pink pixel on my 42G20 - is it dead or stuck and what can i do about it?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

This morning i noticed my Panasonic 42G20 plasma has developed a pink pixel in the top left hand side of the screen and can be seen from my viewing position, can anyone tell me what has happened? I presume it's either a dead or stuck pixel issue but i have no idea which it might be or indeed what i can do about it, if anything?

Is this issue considered a fault with the tv? I only ask because if there is no solution to the problem then i may well contact my retailer as the tv is still under it's first year of warranty.

I have calibrated the screen since i first purchased it and even after the first 6 months so i know it's nothing i have done to cause it plus i checked the tv when it first arrived and there was no sign of the pixel issue i now have so if anyone can help me it would be really appreciated, many thanks!
smiley-cry.gif

Yes, sounds like a faulty pixel. Contact Panasonic & see what they say. The panel may need changing. Different manufacturers have different policies towards dead pixel tolerance, which is not always stated. Samsung has a zero pixel tolerance.

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Try running Pixel Protector on it first and see if it unsticks it, you may find it on a torrent download, just burn it to disc and run it.

hang on !!! we been here before!, sorry.

A

Anonymous

Oh mate this is so annoying when this happens I thought this was VERY rare on plasma I have seen this on so many LCD'S but not a plasma. Before you swap for somethig else mate just remember that you had many issues with LCD'S as have I!! I have noticed that the new pannys have options to avoid the screen burn/Image retention

I have been out of the country working in the states for 6 months and have had the use of a panny plasma got back home 3 weeks ago and now am even more unhappy with my LCD I am gonna start getting some money together to buy a plasma probably the 50gt50 looks like a cracker but first the money has to be obtained may sell my set on.

A

Anonymous

Oh mate this is so annoying when this happens I thought this was VERY rare on plasma I have seen this on so many LCD'S but not a plasma. Before you swap for somethig else mate just remember that you had many issues with LCD'S as have I!! I have noticed that the new pannys have options to avoid the screen burn/Image retention

I have been out of the country working in the states for 6 months and have had the use of a panny plasma got back home 3 weeks ago and now am even more unhappy with my LCD I am gonna start getting some money together to buy a plasma probably the 50gt50 looks like a cracker but first the money has to be obtained may sell my set on.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Snakey said:

You are right about that mate it's annoying as hell and my eye is continually drawn to it now! Going to get onto Panasonic next week when the decorating is out of the way as it's just chaos at the mo and see what they say, i don't hold out much hope of them repairing it or replacing it as it's just a single pixel so just in case i have a buyer lined up who can't even see it so isn't bothered.

I had it on several lcd's and sent them straight back as it was an issue straight out of the box but to get this on my plasma after 8 months use is frustrating. I'm still a plasma fan and really don't want to get another LCD or LED tv as the issues i have had in the past have well and truly put me off, more research and auditioning is needed and i'm determined to take my time and get the best tv i can afford but my budget will need to increase i fear!

I've been happy with my Panny and if it comes to it i will be sad to say goodbye to it :((

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Update:

After a solid week of using Pixel Protector, action movies and the anologue snow screen the pixel seems to have sparked back into life...hooray! :bounce:

Must admit i got really concerned that it may have been a problem i would have to live with but thank god it seems to have cleared up so many thanks for all the advice and input it was much appreciated. I have no idea which method was responsible for sparking it back into life or indeed if it was just the mixture of methods that did it but i'm very happy now...and releived :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts