Pink Floyd CD which ones to buy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

IMHO there is not a weak Pink Floyd album, though they are my favourite band of all time. There have been loads of suggestions so far and to get an appreciation of how much they have changed you want an early psychedellic album, a sound track album, all of the 1970s albums and a later album.

Other highlights for me are;

'Live at Pompeii' on DVD. You get their psychedellic to Meddle compositions with the full on extended jamming/soloing they were originally famous for. You also see just how good a drummer Nick Mason is and the start of the recording of DSOTM.

'Zabriski Point', the sound track. Ignore the non Floyd music and you have an album that is sadly neglected but is easily the equal of the better known soundtracks. I bought it by only downloading the Pink Floyd tracks off itunes.

Of the solo works Syd Barrett and Rick Wright made a few albums, none of which is that great, but an essential is Nick Mason's book 'Inside Out' about life in the band.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts