Pictures

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I thought it's about time I posted some piccys.

I just hope this works.

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

As above but with the covers off. I never have the covers off really as it's too temting for little fingers.

Picture005.jpg

The rear speakers BRFX and B2's. I can only show 1 side as I can't fit them all in on one photo.

Here's the power side of things

Picture004.jpg

and a bit closer

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Aha, it all seems to have worked. Well there you go everyone that's my system.

Thanks to PJ Pro for his post on how to post photo's.

A

Anonymous

How does streaming through your Sonos compare with CD play back with the Arcam?

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Ah now then. I think the cd player has the edge on the Sonos and DacMagic. It's very very close though. I just think the cd player can squeeze out just a bit more detail and is smoother in the treble, but the Dac has a bit more bass and is a bit more dynamic.
Obviously it's all down to personal pref's.
I do use the Sonos 95% of the time, I just love the conveniance of it all, bit if I'm in on my own I'll use the cd.

I would love to buy a better dac to see how it would go then.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Yes they are, I've been experimenting to see if it makes any diff' to the sound. I do prefer the sound the right way around but I can't put it into words??, it just sounds better. I'm going to change them back shortly.
I wondered how long it would take someone to spot that.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Craig M.: i love the way proac speakers look. you might have had a tidy up though!
emotion-4.gif

Picture.jpg

There you go all done, games put away.

Olli1324:Aren't your ProAcs the wrong way round? The tweeters should be on the inside, i thought.

Put back the correct way, It's turning out to be hard work this post, tidying up, swapping speakers around, I need a rest Ha Ha.

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

There you go guys that's me done for now, hope you like it and thanks for your kind comments.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Ah now then, the Arcams are driving the ProAc's. For cinema use, I use the pre outs on the Onkyo to the Arcams. I had to do it this way so not to have anymore speakers in the room, that's why I still have a MA bronze centre speaker, I used to have MA B2's all round.
The wife wont let me spend £650 on the ProAc centre.

I find the Onkyo good with movies BUT! I did have a Yamaha before I bought the Onkyo and it did sound better but it went faulty and there was no units anywhere to replace it. The Onkyo was the best one for me at the time for me with my budget.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Andy H:Ha ha!! Yeah I know. You wouldn't know how many times I pick up after the kids.

Ummm....yes, I would.... 3 year old and 2 year old in my house...I feel your pain...

The proacs are gorgeous. I think arcam is a great choice with them as well. Very nice kit and I'm sure it sounds that way too...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

What a great selection of kit you've got yourself there Andy - bet it sounds pretty tasty !

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
nice set up that, bet that sub does some pretty good low frequencies! my neighbours would be complaining if i had that little beauty!!! my R360 is enough !

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Very nice Andy, I too have only(!) 6 speakers in the room with a similar AV & stereo set-up. A popular choice for optimum sound and minimal speaker count.

My wreckers are 1 & 3, I too feel your pain but they enjoy it too, particularly the excellent 'Gruffalo' (BBC HD) in 1080i with DD 5.1, sounds and looks great for old & young alike

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
tj27: my neighbours would be complaining if i had that little beauty!!! my R360 is enough !

Neighbours are no prob' as I live in a detatched, my main prob' is the wife in the kitchen complaining when everything starts vibrating/buzzing. Ha Ha great isn't it.

TRENDING THREADS