Physical Graffiti

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've re-visited this phenomenal album on CD the last few days. It never fails to astound me, the best rock album ever? Certainly the best recorded drums that I've ever heard,

I'm considering breaking my embargo on buying over-priced new LPs and treating myself to the new 3 disc re-issue.

Anyone else bothering with this one?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Overpriced? The Led Zep reissues have been £14 so far (single disc), with PG being £24 as it is a two disc - obviously the 3 disc one is more again, but to say they're overpriced is a tad strong, particularly when the remasters so far have been excellent. Most albums in general tend to be between £12 and £17. The most expensive ones I've seen tend to be the mono Beatles reissues and some Mobile Fidelity (although for good reason with MF), and Analogue Productions issues like The Doors' L.A. Woman at £47 (although 200 grams spinning at 45rpm is as good as it gets!).

So far I've only bought the standard versions, but I'm toying with going for the three discer on this one...

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Only seen the 3 disc deluxe version, currently £38.99 on Amazon.

Like Ifor I'm not really fussed about bonus material so a normal double LP will suffice. Any ideas where I can get a reasonably priced copy?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Over the years as cd copys of my vinyl collection became available I have given away over 300 LPs coplete Zepplin - Floyd - Sabbath - Moody Blues - Hawkwind collections I miss the artwork but not the vinyl

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
DIB said:

Like Ifor I'm not really fussed about bonus material so a normal double LP will suffice. Any ideas where I can get a reasonably priced copy?

Also on Amazon.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

DIB said:

Any early/original copy in near mint condition is going to cost you similar or more.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?sort=price%2Casc&currency=GBP&ev=mb&format=Vinyl&master_id=4392&year=1975&condition=Near+Mint+%28NM+or+M-%29

I was fortunate to get an original copy a year or two ago at a car boot for 50p or a pound, the sleeve is battered though, and I'm not sure how good the records are either, as I've never got around to playing it.

Think I might give it a spin tomorrow though.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Rockbox have it at £24.99 + P&P about £2.50.
I have bought the first 5 re-issues as my originals of the first four have had some hammer, I never bought HOTH when it came out originally for some reason, maybe cos The Crunge is awful.
From Physical Graffitti onwards I never thought the content was as good as the first four so I will stick with my originals.
Physical Graffitti was rated as one of the best 10 double albums of all time by someone in the Telegraph the other week. There ain't been that many good double albums anyway, think I only have 6.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:
I never bought HOTH when it came out originally for some reason, maybe cos The Crunge is awful.

Surely it can't get any worse than D'yer Maker?

TRENDING THREADS