Phono Stage amp or my onkyoo 905 HELP!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All!

Have a question to someone who knows more than me:) I'm planning to buy a turntable (probably dual cs-415-2) if anyone knows it:) Quite basic model. 70 pounds for the used one. Now, I have a Cambridge Audio 840A V2 where I want to connect my turntable. As you know CA 840 doesn't have a phono stage built in. So I have 2 ways to go now...One: connect it to my Onkyo 905 home cinema amp or buy some phono stage and connect it to my CA 840 which is stereo dedicated amp and I would prefer it. What do you think?

Is it worth to buy phono stage, something like CA 540p or Nad pp2 (quite limited budget) and connect it to my 840A or just simply connect to my onkyo and leave it? Not sure what to do...Maybe you know some worth upgrading phono stage amps in this price range. I want best possible sound. I like warm sound:) However, because of Cambridge Audio it is difficult to achieve... My speakers are Dali Ikon 6's. Please help:) I'm sorry for my english as well:)

Regards

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Can you not get a Cambridge Audio phono stage fitted into your amp? I'd be surprised if you can't seeing as my Father-In-Law was able to get one installed into his 540.

A

Anonymous

You mean go to the store and ask to get one installed? Well it doesn't make any difference to me if I buy sepearte one or get in inside my amp. Just want to know if getting phono stage connected to my stereo amp will significantly improve sound over turntable connected straight to my Onkyo.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Connect a phono preamp to your stereo amp, sound quality will be better. The Cambridge Audio 640A does MC as well as MM, if you can run to that, and is meant to be the dogs proverbials, apparently.

A

Anonymous

You mean CA 640p not 640a ? Is this big improvement over 540p? How about nad pp2?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts