Phono Staga on my onkyo 905.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys!

Have a question to someone who knows more than me:) I'm planning to buy a turntable (probably dual cs-415-2) if anyone knows it:) Quite basic model. 70 pounds for the used one. Now, I have a Cambridge Audio 840A V2 where I want to connect my turntable. As you know CA 840 doesn't have a phono stage built in. So I have 2 ways to go now...One: connect it to my Onkyo 905 home cinema amp or buy some phono stage and connect it to my CA 840 which is stereo dedicated amp and I would prefer it. What do you think?
Is it worth to buy phono stage, something like CA 540p or Nad pp2 (quite limited budget) and connect it to my 840A or just simply connect to my onkyo and leave it? Not sure what to do...Maybe you know some worth upgrading phono stage amps in this price range. I want best possible sound. I like warm sound:) However, because of Cambridge Audio it is difficult to achieve... My speakers are Dali Ikon 6's. Please help:) I'm sorry for my english as well:)

Regards

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Maciek said:
Hi Guys! Have a question to someone who knows more than me:) I'm planning to buy a turntable (probably dual cs-415-2) if anyone knows it:) Quite basic model. 70 pounds for the used one. Now, I have a Cambridge Audio 840A V2 where I want to connect my turntable. As you know CA 840 doesn't have a phono stage built in. So I have 2 ways to go now...One: connect it to my Onkyo 905 home cinema amp or buy some phono stage and connect it to my CA 840 which is stereo dedicated amp and I would prefer it. What do you think? Is it worth to buy phono stage, something like CA 540p or Nad pp2 (quite limited budget) and connect it to my 840A or just simply connect to my onkyo and leave it? Not sure what to do...Maybe you know some worth upgrading phono stage amps in this price range. I want best possible sound. I like warm sound:) However, because of Cambridge Audio it is difficult to achieve... My speakers are Dali Ikon 6's. Please help:) I'm sorry for my english as well:) Regards

I'd buy a phono stage similar to what you mention as at least then you will not need the Onkyo on warming the house up when you have the vinyl playing.
P.S. There is no need to apologise for your english.

A

Anonymous

haha that is true. It is warming my house up actually:) I have changed my mind about the turntable and it will be REGA RP1. Just can't wait:) So the best idea I guess in this price range will be Rega phono mini. Unless someone will recommend something different for my setup :) Thanks guys

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts