Phono preamp

Bigun

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Morning all

i currently listen to my project carbon through an old Yamaha DSP-A2 amp and a set of b&w dm603's. I was planning on upgrading the amp this year but life has got in the way, like it does!

My question is will adding a phono preamp to the system significantly improve the sound and if so when connecting it to my amp do I use the yammy's phono or its aux input?

any advice is much appreciated

Bigun said:
Morning all

i currently listen to my project carbon through an old Yamaha DSP-A2 amp and a set of b&w dm603's. I was planning on upgrading the amp this year but life has got in the way, like it does!

My question is will adding a phono preamp to the system significantly improve the sound and if so when connecting it to my amp do I use the yammy's phono or its aux input?

any advice is much appreciated

The simple answer is no. Well not significantly any way. I would save you money and wait to get a new amp that has a decent phono stage included.

Upgrading cartridge vis better option.

If you did get one you'd attach it to the Aux inputs.

ifor said:
I tried, but my post won't post. In brief, I think you might hear a very big difference. Try some.

If it's fitted with an Ortofon 2M Red, which it probably is, then I stick with my original reply. If the OP is thinking of upgrading his amp in the future then spending good money on a phono preamp to improve this cartridge is a waste, in my ever so humble opinion.

You cannot make a silk purse out of a pig's ear as someone once told me.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Al ears said:
ifor said:
I tried, but my post won't post. In brief, I think you might hear a very big difference. Try some.

If it's fitted with an Ortofon 2M Red, which it probably is, then I stick with my original reply. If the OP is thinking of upgrading his amp in the future then spending good money on a phono preamp to improve this cartridge is a waste, in my ever so humble opinion.

You cannot make a silk purse out of a pig's ear as someone once told me.

I don't know the cartridge. I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts