Phono Pre-amplifier.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello people,

Can you please help me choose a phono pre-amplifier? The amplifier is a Roksan Caspian M2 and the turntable is a Clearaudio Concept.

Looking for the value for money and the best match for the two. Thanking you in advance.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much. I will use the cartridge supplied with the item - I copied the following text from the clearaudio website - A high quality moving magnet cartridge is completing this set up. All adjustments are already completed at the clearaudio factory, even the tracking- and antiscating force are adjusted. My first choice budget is £500. I will increase the budget to £501-£1,000 if there is a clear winner in this price range. Thanks again, Bollie.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks again!
smiley-smile.gif
Tom Evans is looking favourite from the reviews that I have read and other feedback that I have received. I am also hearing good things about the Leema Elements Phono Stage and the Graham Slee - Era Gold V Intro Phono Stage. Both within the £500 budget. What are your thoughts on those two? Thank you.
smiley-smile.gif

You are right, both of those you list get good reviews. I personally have not used / heard either of them. Out of the two I would say the Leema would be better but that is purely on other peoples reviews. From personal experience I can say that anything Tom Evans creates is bloody good, so I would urge you to look at the Microgroove. Well when I say look at I mean listen to - its not that great a looker - decidedly plain. However its whats inside that counts and the fact you can't hear it as it imparts no character of its own.

A

Anonymous

Thank you so much - you have been a great help. I am going to buy the Tom Evans Microgroove. I will let you know how things work out.
smiley-smile.gif

Bollie said:
Thank you so much - you have been a great help. I am going to buy the Tom Evans Microgroove. I will let you know how things work out.
smiley-smile.gif

I think you will find you have made a very good choice. Just make sure you get the one for moving magnet cartridge (I guess thats the type fitted to your turntable). The Microgroove can of course be upgraded in the future should you require it to the Plus or X model which will enable you to use low output moving coil cartridges should you ever feel the need to change. Let me know how you get on! :clap:

A

Anonymous

A.N.T. make some incredible sounding phono pre-amps - heard some at a show and they were truly excellent.

http://www.ant-audio.co.uk/files/Kora_3T_09.pdf

TRENDING THREADS