Philips SRU9600 remote control

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone face any problem with the Philips SR9600 universal remote control? Particularly for equiments that need to set up via the learning mode?

Currently, I had to set up the remote control manually to learn the functions for my Pioneer DV-400V DVD player and also the local satellite decoder in Malaysia (dont know the brand but the satelitte provider is ASTRO). However, this remote looses the data that have been set up to control these devices after a few hours. I have to re-input the functions manually.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
El Hefe

I have the SRU9400, which I think is just the 5 in 1 version of the one you've got. I had to set up a number of functions using the learning mode at the start, and I've had no problems since then. That was a few months ago. Never had to reinput any functions manually.

I think you may have a dodgy remote. Perhaps you should take it back to the shop and tell them of your problems. You should be able to get it replaced if you've still got your receipt.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Rob,

At least now I know other peopleare not facing the same problem. Will give it another go. If problem persist, will go to the store this weekend and get it checked.

A

Anonymous

I just read this post, and I'm sorry to inform you... I had the same problem, within a few hours some of the manually learned codes where lost... I tried everything, even contactin Philips but they didn't believe at first...

My solution was: took the thing back to my dealer and replaced it with a Harmony One... And this is the best RC I've ever used.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts