Philips release date update

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
id say you will be fine size wise.. we are at a slighly less viewing distance and have a 42" i wish it was 46 but panasonic decided not to make a 46VT30 :(

Retne

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
@micks_address - cheers for that, I will see how some persuasion goes. I am prepared to get a 46" TV and see, then swap it if needs be. It will be a while though, I imagine, while we wait for news on the Philips 9000 range - crazy to think they're not speaking to the press much (unless there's an embargo, I guess)).

If not, and given it seems to be WHF's favourite (and a bunch of people here) I may buy the same as you. I'm just a copycat :)

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
thinking back maybe i should have went for a 46GT30 but i wanted the best.. and there is a contract out on my life if i get a new tv again any time soon.. so went for the 42vt30.. it really is excellent and i cant wait till next wednesday when i get it ISG calibrated.. watching the Star wars boxet now and its a joy to behold.. i know people hate on the prequels but i enjoy them all! i think i've finally gotten to the stage where i can start to just enjoy content and not worry about the next best thing like 3d or hd etc.. i think i'm at the front of home cinema tech for at least a few years.. or at least i hope so! but i think if you get a 46 you will be reluctant to downsize.. and according to the reviews the 56GT30 can peform pretty much equal to the vt30 at least in brighter environments

Retne said:
@micks_address - cheers for that, I will see how some persuasion goes. I am prepared to get a 46" TV and see, then swap it if needs be. It will be a while though, I imagine, while we wait for news on the Philips 9000 range - crazy to think they're not speaking to the press much (unless there's an embargo, I guess)).

If not, and given it seems to be WHF's favourite (and a bunch of people here) I may buy the same as you. I'm just a copycat :)

A

Anonymous

Any update on a release date anyone?

WHFS&V, have you got a review set yet? Do you have any idea when you'll be getting one and when we'll be able to read the review?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It is just the 9 series we are waiting for and the 21:9 50" in the 7 series. Everything else is in the market place. We expect the 46 and 52" 9 plus the new 21:9 to arrive in the first two weeks of Novemeber.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Eliot2117 said:
Any update on a release date anyone?

WHFS&V, have you got a review set yet? Do you have any idea when you'll be getting one and when we'll be able to read the review?

We've got a review of the Philips 42PFL7666 in our Awards issue, on sale now.

No 9 series set yet on contents list....

A

Anonymous

For anyone interested.....

Having just spoken to Philips they have informed me that stock of the 46PFL9706T/12 is now available in the UK.

I'm awaiting a 46PFL9706 from Philips as replacement for a faulty 46PFL9705 they couldn't repair, hence why I spoke to them. Unfortunately although they are sure that they now have stock in the UK, they're not so sure where my actual TV is, but that's a different story!

A

Anonymous

Eliot2117 said:

Having just spoken to Philips they have informed me that stock of the 46PFL9706T/12 is now available in the UK.

I'm awaiting a 46PFL9706 from Philips as replacement for a faulty 46PFL9705 they couldn't repair, hence why I spoke to them. Unfortunately although they are sure that they now have stock in the UK, they're not so sure where my actual TV is, but that's a different story!

Eliot - Would you mind telling me what was wrong with your 46PFL9705 as I am having trouble with mine. What tactic did you get to get them to agree to a replacement 46PFL9706? Thanks

A

Anonymous

FlamingHelmet said:
Eliot2117 said:

Eliot - Would you mind telling me what was wrong with your 46PFL9705 as I am having trouble with mine. What tactic did you get to get them to agree to a replacement 46PFL9706? Thanks

My TV had one dead pixel (just the red to be precise) about half way up the screen about an inch in from the right.

It was collected, but Philips were unable to get a replacement panel to the repairers and were quoting over a month for the replacement part to arrive. I told them this was an unacceptable time to wait for a repair (the Sale of Goods Act stipulates repairs must be made within a reasonable timeframe) and they offered either a full refund or a 46PFL9706 on the understanding that I would have wait for the new TV to hit the UK and at the time there was no release date. That was two months ago and although I've seen people on forums who now have this TV in the UK I'm still waiting for mine. The last eta I was given was by the end of this week, but no news yet.

All in all I have to say the offer of a refund or replacement was very reasonable and I did not have to kick up any fuss. It is frustrating that over the past two weeks I've been chasing delivery I've not been phoned back once (having been promised a call several times) and noone at Philips can confirm where the TV is or whether they've even dispatched it to the repair company who will be delivering it. Fingers crossed it'll turn up soon.

A

Anonymous

Eliot2117 said:
FlamingHelmet said:
Eliot2117 said:

My TV had one dead pixel (just the red to be precise) about half way up the screen about an inch in from the right.

It was collected, but Philips were unable to get a replacement panel to the repairers and were quoting over a month for the replacement part to arrive. I told them this was an unacceptable time to wait for a repair (the Sale of Goods Act stipulates repairs must be made within a reasonable timeframe) and they offered either a full refund or a 46PFL9706 on the understanding that I would have wait for the new TV to hit the UK and at the time there was no release date. That was two months ago and although I've seen people on forums who now have this TV in the UK I'm still waiting for mine. The last eta I was given was by the end of this week, but no news yet.

All in all I have to say the offer of a refund or replacement was very reasonable and I did not have to kick up any fuss. It is frustrating that over the past two weeks I've been chasing delivery I've not been phoned back once (having been promised a call several times) and noone at Philips can confirm where the TV is or whether they've even dispatched it to the repair company who will be delivering it. Fingers crossed it'll turn up soon.

Thanks for your reply, I hope they get you your new TV soon. I am waiting to hear what Philips propose to do for me although their customer service doesnt sound great so I wont hold my breath for what you have hopefully achieved!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts