Philips OLED808 (55OLED808)

Sven1403

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Hello :)

i got a 908 and it have these motion processing peculiarities too. When i set smoothness to 1 or higher (mostly 4) i got random stuttering while watching movies. But its only when watching over a HDMI device. And there it looks like its only on HDR/DV content.
There is a scene at the new 4K Movie Prey (its at around 5min45sec). When the camera goes up, the scene starts to stutter right before the movie title is coming down and in the next static scene, is a eagle flying at the top right corner. This eagle is stuttering/lagging like hell. Fun fact when you skip back directly before the eagle appears, its often happen that he is not lagging. Its happening 100% of the time when you start around the 5min45sec.
This stuttering at this scene isnt appearing on the Blu Ray (which is included in the 4k Disc) and is not appearing when you stream it over the internal TV Disney app (and there is Dolby Vision).

I was in contact with the support and sent them log files. Now they want to change the mainboard. I bet in the end the problem is still there and its the firmware :c i sent the company your review and asked again if it could be the firmware. At a phone call the guy said "no its very rare that things like that relate to the firmware" but i dont know it looks like that with you having it on the 808 too. In another forum someone else having the problem too so yeah for it looks like a software thingy

Greetings

Sven1403

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Got the same problem an my 65" 808. How did your contact went? Did they change the Mainboard as mentioned? I guess nothing changed after that?
Changing Mainboard didnt change anything sadly. Update from 30th March also didnt change a bit :/ so annoying that its working on the 936 and 937 because they have 2 CPUs. So looks like the CPU is to weak and i dont know if a future update will change this. I got a mail answer that everything was sent to the dev department but i guess not enough people reporting this problem so its not a high priority

Reactions: Tilgi86

Tilgi86

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
Yesterday a new firmware got released. First look was promising, testet it for few minutes and could not find any stuttering with cinema motion setting. But need more time for intensive tests, but you might want to give it a try :)

Sven1403

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Yesterday a new firmware got released. First look was promising, testet it for few minutes and could not find any stuttering with cinema motion setting. But need more time for intensive tests, but you might want to give it a try :)
Hello :) damn you made me alot hope xD but i still have stuttering. Put in my reference movie "Prey" on the UHD Player. I described the scene in my first post here:

There is a scene at the new 4K Movie Prey (its at around 5min45sec). When the camera goes up, the scene starts to stutter right before the movie title is coming down and in the next static scene, is a eagle flying at the top right corner. This eagle is stuttering/lagging like hell. Fun fact when you skip back directly before the eagle appears, its often happen that he is not lagging. Its happening 100% of the time when you start around the 5min45sec.
This stuttering at this scene isnt appearing on the Blu Ray (which is included in the 4k Disc) and is not appearing when you stream it over the internal TV Disney app (and there is Dolby Vision) or over a USB HDD-drive connected to the TV.

So yeah no miracle for me :/

Sven1403

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Sorry to hear... Then I guess I get the same result when I have the time to test it further. So back to "perfect cinema" settings :/
Or you switch to the internal TV apps or use a HDD drive for UHD movies :) Fun fact watching TV with a Sky Receiver is the only HDMI Device which is working lol i guess its because TV is shown in 50hz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts