Philips 9664 to WHF team or for those who know

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've already read every single post regarding Philips 9664 but still didn't get an answer which one to choose. I'd like to go for a bigger one 47inches but black colour makes me nervous:) I decided to buy Philips do not want Sammy, so please WHF team could you tell me which one is better 42 or 47"? If we have the same source connected into both tv's do they work identical or smaller is better because of different panel, more details? I found good deal in my local store which won't last forever so I need to decide till tomorrow.

42 or 47???

P.S My source is HDTV and blu ray, I do not bother SD

Best regards,

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I have the 42in at home and love it. The screen size you choose should partially be determined by the distance you sit from the screen. There's no point having a 47in if you sit 3ft away from it! I'd go for the 42in, unless you have a particularly large room.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have noticed that for some reason Andy never picks the question correctly, wondering why
emotion-2.gif

What you are asking is the picture quality of 42 and 47are same? if both are hooked up to same source, same cables etc. IMO both have identical picture quality and performance. But if my memory serves me well then WHF gave 4 stars to bigger brother and 5 star (including product of the year award to 42") , in recent supertest also samsung 46b8000 won the prize for best tv in 46-47"

If I were you and viewing distance is 3 meters or more I would buy the 47"irrespective star rating, because I know philips won't go wrong with same model and different sizes, their quality control and testing is top notch.

Good luck with Philips.

A

Anonymous

Totally agree with NigelF. Its an amazing set, whether in 42" or 47". I saw the two sets side by side at my local hifi store and both looked identical in picture quality, black levels etc.

Good luck with it, and enjoy!

A

Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my viewing distance is exactly 2.8 meters and I have got 42",hd ready Panasonic plasma . Yes, additional 5 inches would be an advantage. So, if PQ is the same which one would you choose for my room? These 5 more inches is like temptation but I wouldn't like to see any ugly pixels moving on my new screen. Guys, thank you very much for your help but still waiting for some more opinions from users of 9664.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts