Petition Against the bbc

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The difference is we have to pay the license fee irrespective of what channels you watch. So if you don't watch BBC, then you have no choice. With subscription You have the choice if you pay to view or not.

my point is simple, we have no choice with how the license fee is spent. When they are paying off their senior management for covering up, then this is not acceptable because the finance is bot managed properly. if bksb did this, then I have the choice whether to cancel my contract or not.

the licence fee in my opinion should be changed to a subscription way of working so that we all have the choice. If The bbc can't afford to work this way, then they will have to work like everybody else does in the real commercial world.

my opinion..

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Series1boy said:
The difference is we have to pay the license fee irrespective of what channels you watch. So if you don't watch BBC, then you have no choice. With subscription You have the choice if you pay to view or not.

my point is simple, we have no choice with how the license fee is spent. When they are paying off their senior management for covering up, then this is not acceptable because the finance is bot managed properly. if bksb did this, then I have the choice whether to cancel my contract or not.

the licence fee in my opinion should be changed to a subscription way of working so that we all have the choice. If The bbc can't afford to work this way, then they will have to work like everybody else does in the real commercial world.

my opinion..

And my opinion is that we should renationalise public transport, fuel and water.

WIth no compensation.

A national state-funded media outlet, especially one as superb and unbiased as the BBC is a true mark of a democratic society.

I'm in Sweden now and obviously do not pay the UK license, but I pay the equivalent here in Sweden and I can tell you, for about the same money we get FAR less.

People against the BBC are usually Tory "I'm alright Jack" idiots with an agenda.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
fr0g said:
Series1boy said:

my opinion..

And my opinion is that we should renationalise public transport, fuel and water.

WIth no compensation.

A national state-funded media outlet, especially one as superb and unbiased as the BBC is a true mark of a democratic society.

I'm in Sweden now and obviously do not pay the UK license, but I pay the equivalent here in Sweden and I can tell you, for about the same money we get FAR less.

People against the BBC are usually Tory "I'm alright Jack" idiots with an agenda.

im not against the BBC, I'm only saying the license fee needs to be reviewed and brought in line with the modern world

you are very nasty and aggressive, I suggest you don't post unless you have anything constructive to say!

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Series1boy said:
you are very nasty and aggressive, I suggest you don't post unless you have anything constructive to say!

No he wasn't. He was just disagreeing with you and gave some of his own opinions just as you have given yours. One could say the same, don't post if you don't want people to disagree with you. ;)

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
im not against the BBC, I'm only saying the license fee needs to be reviewed and brought in line with the modern world

I may be wrong but I understood that a TV licence is required if you want to watch "live" TV (i.e. watch content as it is being brtoadcast rather than via catch up, Netflix etc etc) and is not related to which channel you are actually watching. If your suggestion were taken up, I would need to pay for all the content I can currently access via Freeview and Freesat (which currently costs me £12 a month with a TV licence). In the "modern world" you suggest, I expect it would be significantly more expensive

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Series1boy said:
I'm not bothered if any body disagrees with me. It's comments such as Tory "I'm alright Jack" idiots with an agenda. It's not called for! :hand:

If you read carefully what I said I did not say "all" people who are anti-BBC are this, but from experience, many are.

It was not a personal attack on any one person, more of a generalisation.

Another generalisation...Most people who get upset about generalisations do so because they recognise themselves in it...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts