Petition Against the bbc

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
For anyone who's interested, i've signed it.
smiley-smile.gif

Paul.

There are several inaccuracies in that web page. No, you are not legally required to have a TV licence. I rang up the Licensing folks, told them what I use my TV for and they were cool with me not having one. I said they were welcome to come check, and they never have in 4 years. Local news on ITV is part funded by BBC (since 2009 ish) so other broadcasters do benefit from the license.

If you must sign one, this bunch are more reputable and have nearly four times more signatures.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bbc-end-the-licensing-fee-to-watch-tv-in-your-own-home

nick12

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
A totally nonsensical idea from people who clearly don't understand the concept of public service broadcasting.

I'd be happy to pay more as well. I'd much rather have a range of quality programming than the dumbed-down, sub-Jeremy Kyle fodder found pretty much everywhere on cable (excepting all the programming the cable channels buy in from the BBC, of course!).

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Or they could become pay per view like sky and virgin, either way i don't care but i think it's time we got rid of the tv license.

out of interest, why?

I moan about it every time I see the DDM on my bank statement, but then every time I stop to think about I I can't think of a better alternative.

It has been guilty of trying to do too much though, I'd happily bin BBC4 in addition to BBC3 (they don't need 4 TV channels to fulfill their public broadcaster remit).

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

nick12 said:
I'd much rather have a range of quality programming than the dumbed-down, sub-Jeremy Kyle fodder found pretty much everywhere on cable (excepting all the programming the cable channels buy in from the BBC, of course!).

I agree, but I fear the sort of sh*t programming you describe, is the sh*t Simon likes.

I apologise if I'm wrong, but on this occasion, I'm pretty certain that I'm right.;

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Paul. said:
If you must sign one, this bunch are more reputable and have nearly four times more signatures.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bbc-end-the-licensing-fee-to-watch-tv-in-your-own-home

Also signed.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
nick12 said:
I'd much rather have a range of quality programming than the dumbed-down, sub-Jeremy Kyle fodder found pretty much everywhere on cable (excepting all the programming the cable channels buy in from the BBC, of course!).

I agree, but I fear the sort of sh*t programming you describe, is the sh*t Simon likes.

I apologise if I'm wrong, but on this occasion, I'm pretty certain that I'm right.;

I believe QVC is pretty popular.

OliG

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I moved to America in 2012 and can honestly say the BBC is the biggest thing I miss from the UK. In particular, their news is unrivaled IMHO. I just hope they make the iplayer available here soon and I'd be more than happy to pay a fee for the priviledge of having it.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
A reassurring response. Having experienced the quality of television in a number of other countries, I consider the BBC to be worth every penny. Now a petition to close down Sky,I might consider. Then cricket & F1 would be available to everyone again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts