Perreaux amps

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
I have taken the plunge and moved on my beloved Sugden and will be receiving an Accuphase E350 next week.

Hi Mac, my gut tells me you have made a good move..............looking forward to your thoughts.

I still think you will have to sort out your acoustic issues though.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
I have taken the plunge and moved on my beloved Sugden and will be receiving an Accuphase E350 next week.

Hi Mac, my gut tells me you have made a good move..............looking forward to your thoughts.

I still think you will have to sort out your acoustic issues though.

Thanks Cno. I'm sure you're right, will probably revisit that issue once used to the Accuphase.

Will hopefully have the unit at the end of next week... watch this space.

Mac

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
Wow, big news. Good luck with that, look forward to hearing how you go.

Were you able to do trade-in on the Sudgen?

Didn't consider the Electro to match your CDP?

No, all private sales, but got very close to my asking price for the Sugden, probably more than if I'd gone through a dealer.

I have considered Electro, but if I were to do that, I wanted to try the pre/power route and I just haven't ever seen certainly the power amp at an attractive enough price... The Accuphase is as rare as hens teeth

in the UK, rarely see them on the SH market, so when this came up I just had to go for it.

BTW, Focal supposed to be a great match with Accuphase.

Mac

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Macspur said:
Singslinger said:
Congrats Mac - I'm sure you'll enjoy the Accuphase paired with your Harbeths. Let us know how you like it once it's bedded in and you've had time to get accustomed to the sound. :cheers:

Sure will Singslinger... did PM you over on PFM a few days ago.

Mac

Hi Mac, yes I've just received the message - it took ages to get through! Sent a reply a couple of minutes ago, let's see how long it takes to get to you.

All the best.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Singslinger said:
Macspur said:
Singslinger said:
Congrats Mac - I'm sure you'll enjoy the Accuphase paired with your Harbeths. Let us know how you like it once it's bedded in and you've had time to get accustomed to the sound. :cheers:

Mac

Hi Mac, yes I've just received the message - it took ages to get through! Sent a reply a couple of minutes ago, let's see how long it takes to get to you. All the best.

OK lovely, thanks will head over and take a read... PFM a good alternative forum, but not the most user friendly is it?

Cheers

Mac

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Macspur said:
Singslinger said:
Macspur said:
Singslinger said:

Mac

Hi Mac, yes I've just received the message - it took ages to get through! Sent a reply a couple of minutes ago, let's see how long it takes to get to you. All the best.

OK lovely, thanks will head over and take a read... PFM a good alternative forum, but not the most user friendly is it?

Cheers

Mac

Yes - and we would probably say the same about the Harbeth User Group as well! :exmark: :shhh:

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Singslinger said:
Macspur said:
Singslinger said:
Macspur said:
Singslinger said:

Mac

Cheers

Mac

Yes - and we would probably say the same about the Harbeth User Group as well! :exmark: :shhh:

Hmmm, funny old forum that one... good job they're such great speakers, some of AS comments are quite offputting... undoubtedly a brilliant mind though.

Mac

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree Mac. In fact, I've given up visiting or participating on that forum - not at my cup of tea at all. But yes, they are good speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts