PERFORMANCE BETWEEN HIGH END & BUDGET HIFI

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Nogsk said:
Back to the original point of this - Isn't it a case of diminishing returns?

There is a marked difference in build and sound quality from a £300 to a £3000 system, and ( probably ) a similar gulf between a£3000 and a £30000 system, but there is probably less difference between a £3000 and a £5000 system.

Budgetary constraints are a bit of a moving target, my system would be considered budget to people on hifi forums, whereas most of my friends think I've spent a fortune. Horses and courses.

I like my system, it works for me, I couldn't comment or criticise on hugely expensive systems as I haven't heard any. I wouldn't deride anybody that has made that choice no more than I'd deride the opinion of somebody who's happy with their 'cheap as chips' system, if it floats your boat.........

Yep I think you are right. I like my system which cost me about £2k and I don't think I could have justified much more to myself in terms of value for money.

Chris

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep I think you are right. I like my system which cost me about £2k and I don't think I could have justified much more to myself in terms of value for money.

Chris

[/quote]

Hi ,

My system cost me about GBP 3K and I am quiet happy with it too . I have room size limitations and some aqםustics

problems so there is no point to spend on more exepnsive HI FI components . I think I bought the best system I can find in my limited budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts