Peachtree Nova vs rega brio R+dac with dynaudio x12

Mikejekel

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

i can get a secondhand peachtree Nova at a good price. I have been contemplating about changing the rega set for some time now. Even after replacing rx6 with dynaudio x12, I still feel there is brightness with lots of recordings. Even playing vinyl. Then there is the humming as well

Before jumping in the car for a two hour drive, would you guys think this is worth spending time on?

thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I suppose it depends on what price you are paying for the Nova.

In your position, I think I would like to hear the Arcam A19 before committing.

Mikejekel

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi cno,

bidding starts at 550,- eur for the nova. I would definitely like to audition the a19 but it's 900,- eur and never see them on eBay.

Thanks for the advice

Mike

Happy_Listner

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind the Peachtree Nova does not have a phono stage like your Brio-R has. You will have to buy a separate phono pre-amp. Not sure if the Nova will give you that smooth sound you are looking for. It does have 1 tube that tailors the sound somewhat, but the amp section is class D. I never met a Class D amp that I liked very much. Many are too bright, or thin, with tonal colors being washed out. So at least get in a demo of the Nova before you buy it. I will say that the onboard DAC in the Nova is probably about as good as the Rega DAC is.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Mikejekel said:
Hi cno,

bidding starts at 550,- eur for the nova. I would definitely like to audition the a19 but it's 900,- eur and never see them on eBay.

Thanks for the advice

Mike

Mike, just be careful that with factoring in fuel for the trip and the fact that bidding could push the price up, the A19 might not be a lot more (and I suspect more what you are looking for).

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a system just like your for over a year, and i've always found hard to replace my speakers cables.

I had that system with Supra Classic 2x4mm cooper with a tin cover, but did demo almost all QED speaker cable range range, Van Den Hul and Kimber, to end up with a brand witch I knew nothing about, In-akustik.

Dynaudio X12 and the Rega Brio R are very sensible regarding cable match, i found that myself the hard way!

TRENDING THREADS