Rega brio r og peachtree audio nova for kef ls50?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Rega brio r(50w) og peachtree audio nova(80W) for kef ls50?, which one of those would be best for the kefs? I like an open, detailed, punchy, clear and fast sound.

Gimme ur valued opinions?
regular_smile.gif

rainsoothe

Chr78 said:
Rega brio r(50w) og peachtree audio nova(80W) for kef ls50?, which one of those would be best for the kefs? I like an open, detailed, punchy, clear and fast sound.

Naim Nait 5si. Maybe Creek Evo 50A, Exposure 3010 s2, or Primare i22. Used Hegel H80, Naim XS2 or Supernait if you find any that fit your budget.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Reijer said:
Chr78 said:
No, if you dont like the tread, please stay away..

Making new friends, Chr78?

In order to get the history of the OPs needs, you have to read his other three threads, as seen here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/recommendation-small-powerful-dig-amp

The animosity seems to stem from me asking him to stick to one, for the sake of simplicity.

I have read it and understand you, Cno.

Back to the OP's quest: Have you take your Kef's to a dealer and hooked them up to whatever amp he has that meet your requiremenst?

rainsoothe

Reijer said:
CnoEvil said:
Reijer said:
Chr78 said:
No, if you dont like the tread, please stay away..

Making new friends, Chr78?

In order to get the history of the OPs needs, you have to read his other three threads, as seen here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/recommendation-small-powerful-dig-amp

The animosity seems to stem from me asking him to stick to one, for the sake of simplicity.

I have read it and understand you, Cno.

Back to the OP's quest: Have you take your Kef's to a dealer and hooked them up to whatever amp he has that meet your requiremenst?

Oh, this is that dude! Should've waited to reply to the third thread ^^ (sorry, couldn't help myself :D )

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Who said anything about not liking the thread?

FWIW. The advice I give may be different, depending on whether you have the chance of listening or not.

If you are buying blind, then it is important for you to give more detailed info on things like, the size of room and how it's decorated, the type of music you listen to, and any other amps you have heard and liked etc....in order that our advice is as targeted to your needs as possible. If you look at my previous answers to you on your various other threads, this is all I have been trying to do.

I'll leave it up to you, as to whether you want to take this conversation further.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I used to have LS50s, you need an amp with plenty of guts for those little beauties. So, out of those two, I would say the Peachtree Nova. Never heard it myself, but it's highly regarded, has a DAC and looks fantastic.

However, more guts can be had from an Abrahamsen!

Sticking to the OP's initial question I would have to say the Peachtree (even if Nova means 'no go' in a certain language it will certainly handle the KEFs better than the Rega).

Having said that it is a case of they can (and often should) be driven by something in a higher price bracket than this if you want to get the very best out of them.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Sticking to the OP's initial question I would have to say the Peachtree (even if Nova means 'no go' in a certain language it will certainly handle the KEFs better than the Rega).

Having said that it is a case of they can (and often should) be driven by something in a higher price bracket than this if you want to get the very best out of them.

+1

TRENDING THREADS