PCD Speakers for NAIM olive series?

PCD

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all ,using NAIM 82,Supercap,250,CDI all olive series and recently serviced other source is a Stream Magic 6 streaming from a Synology NAS speakers are Heybrook Sextets which I would like to upgrade.

Looking for a floorstander if possible which will work close to a rear wall. music is mainly female vocal and I would like something that is good at low listening levels budget around 2k room size 4m*5m approx.

Regards

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
PCD said:
Hi all ,using NAIM 82,Supercap,250,CDI all olive series and recently serviced other source is a Stream Magic 6 streaming from a Synology NAS speakers are Heybrook Sextets which I would like to upgrade.

Looking for a floorstander if possible which will work close to a rear wall. music is mainly female vocal and I would like something that is good at low listening levels budget around 2k room size 4m*5m approx.

Regards

With all that NAIM gear you've to try the Dynaudio Excite X32, or Focus 260.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I very much doubt you'll find a pair of speakers that will work well as close to a wall as the Sextets do, as they were specifically designed to work right up against a wall.

Also, the 'olive' Naim stuff wasn't as forgiving as the current Naim stuff, so your choice of speakers that will work well with the olive style is limited. Add to that your requirement for a speaker to work against a wall, and your choices are pretty slim.

The obvious choice would be a used pair of Naim SBL's or SL2's, but these are quite different to whatyou're used to with the Sextets.

PCD

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I have the Sextets about 175mm from the wall are their any speakers that will work at this distance looking at the NEAT website they say some of there speakers will work close to room boundaries?

Any thoughts on these?

David I did try the Naim speakers prior to purchasing the Sextets but couldn't get on with the

Regards

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
PCD said:
Thanks for the replies, I have the Sextets about 175mm from the wall are their any speakers that will work at this distance looking at the NEAT website they say some of there speakers will work close to room boundaries?

Any thoughts on these?

Depends on the model. I don't know which ones they claim to work close to a wall, but in our demo room, but of those that we have (Motive, Iota, Elite and Petite SX), only the Iota is ideal for that situation. Even though the Elite is a downard firing design, they still need a bit of space.

David I did try the Naim speakers prior to purchasing the Sextets but couldn't get on with the

Not uncommon, which I think is the reason behind their newer Ovator range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts