PC Won't Boot into Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverYY

BANNED
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago I was away from my Acer Aspire ATC-605 PC for a couple of hours and when I returned there was a message in the lower-right hand corner of the screen that I'd never seen before that said something like "Super AntiSpyware has found a trojan and...." Before I could finish reading the rest of the message, my PC suddenly shut off by itself and I've been unable to reboot it ever since.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and I'm getting the 0xc000000d error message when I turn the PC on ["An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."]. I learned about the Hiren Boot CD, downloaded it and used the Rufus app to put HBCD on a USB flash drive, but the computer doesn't seem to recognize the flash drive even though I adjusted the BIOS to boot the computer from the USB device [or Removable Device]. It just keeps giving me this message: "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key." I've already done that and I keep ending up back at that screen with that message.

Don't know what else to do. I need to rescue the files I worked on before my last backup. The SuperAntiSpyware trojan message that began all this might have been a coincidence. I also use MalwareBytes and ZoneAlarm antivirus software. I've already tried opening the computer and dusting inside and re-seating things to no avail.
Can anyone help?

abacus

If windows 7 fail to launch 3 times in a row it should automatically start its inbuilt repair program.

If not, just after the boot screen keep pressing the F8 key which should get you into the repair menu.

I this fails then you will need a bootable DVD or USB with Windows repair on it, (this can be downloaded from the Microsoft Support website and works for Windows 7 to 10) and try this.

If this fails re-set your BIOS to defaults and reset the BIOS clock to see if this works.

If you are still having problems then it is probably a hardware problem which will need looking into.

If you just want to get your files off the disk (And the HDD/SSD has not failed) get a USB to HDD/SSD adaptor, then remove the drive and plug it into another computer which will see it as an external USB HDD/SSD.

Bill

PS: Unless you have specific problems that will only work on Win7 then ditch it and upgrade to a later version, (You can upgrade to Win10 for free) as it is no longer supported and thus will become more and more vulnerable.

D

Deleted member 188533

^ This. Windows 10 should activate just fine with your Windows 7 key. 7 was a great OS ten years ago but it's reached end of life. You're better off on 10.

OliverYY

BANNED
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Couple of questions.
1. Have you checked that the USB drive is actually bootable. i.e. tested on another device.
2. Do you have a CD/DVD drive.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have checked the USB drive on my friend's Windows computer and it can successfully boot the computer. But I don't have a CD/DVD drive.

OliverYY

BANNED
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
If windows 7 fail to launch 3 times in a row it should automatically start its inbuilt repair program.

If not, just after the boot screen keep pressing the F8 key which should get you into the repair menu.

I this fails then you will need a bootable DVD or USB with Windows repair on it, (this can be downloaded from the Microsoft Support website and works for Windows 7 to 10) and try this.

If this fails re-set your BIOS to defaults and reset the BIOS clock to see if this works.

If you are still having problems then it is probably a hardware problem which will need looking into.

If you just want to get your files off the disk (And the HDD/SSD has not failed) get a USB to HDD/SSD adaptor, then remove the drive and plug it into another computer which will see it as an external USB HDD/SSD.

Bill

PS: Unless you have specific problems that will only work on Win7 then ditch it and upgrade to a later version, (You can upgrade to Win10 for free) as it is no longer supported and thus will become more and more vulnerable.
Your detailed answer is very much appreciated. I will try your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts