pc to av-receiver cable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm in abit of a quandry regarding the correct cable to buy for connecting my pc to av-receiver, so i can enjoy my itunes collection thru my Tannoy Revolution Signatures.

On the back of my sound card (Soundblaster X-fi Xtreme Music) there is the standard three line-in 3.5mm jack inputs which accommodates a 5.1 surround set-up that i got with my computer, a single 3.5mm jack input with Digital i/o and mic symbol written next to it and lastly a 26pin socket with Ad-Link written next to that.

Please can someone advise the proper/best cable i need to maximise my audio heaven!!

A

Anonymous

A digital optical cable is your best bet. Even better add a DAC inbetween. How far is your computer from your receiver? An Apple Airport Express could be an option.

A

Anonymous

Excuse my ignorance Octopo but what is a DAC and what does it do?

I don't have an optical i/o on my sound card.

What is an Apple Airport Express & what does it do?

There about 2m apart.

A

Anonymous

From what I can see online, the specs of your soundcard say the 3.5mm socket couples as an optical out. Your best bet is to run an optical cable from that to your amp or...

An external DAC somewhat bypasses your soundcard. Spending a decent amount on an external DAC can add levels of performance beyond it's value in comparison with a CD player. May I ask what your receiver is?

A

Anonymous

You might want to try connecting an optical cable from your PC to the Onkyo. That will bring about improvements alone over a 3.5mm jack link. Some may find it debatable as to adding say a Beresford to a 905, though I reckon you would see improvements.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts