Parents want a new hi-fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My parents want to buy a new hi-fi system for their dining room and they're asking me for what speakers to buy. They say they want speakers that are "not obtrusive" and "don't take up alot of space". I think their main consideration is the height and depth of the speakers, rather than the width - but if there are some seriously thin speakers, they may like them. They're not too bothered about the price (pref. under £400) and said that second-hand is probably best as long as they are in excellent condition. The partnering equipment is my old 1978 JVC A-X5 Class-A amplifier (100wpc into 8ohms) and an Arcam CD73T. Please suggest to me some speakers that would fit this - I don't think that they want standmounts because of kids running about and they apparently look "ugly".

Many thanks!

John Duncan

Shame standmounts are ruled out, since a pair of Dali Lektor 1s on single column stands (think Apollo AZ6 style) look seriously funky.

Otherwise, s/h Tannoy Revolution R2, gorgeous looking and sounding floorstander (IMO), and 17cm wide.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that John! Actually, it's been decided that standmounts are a viable option, if they aren't too big. Those Dali Lektors look perfect though, a pair of them on some 50cm tall stands look perfect!

Also regarding the amplifier, the cable has become a bit tatty of recent and its wired directly into the amplifier's circuitry. Would I be able to buy some better quality wire to replace the old stuff with?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts