Panasonic Web Site & DMP-BD55 - Out of Stock

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Very, very disappointed! Took the plunge on Saturday and ordered the BD55 from the Panny web site - using the 25% discount code gratiously advertised by WhatHiFi. Received an email today from Panny 'We're sorry to advise that we have sold out of DMP-BD55EG-K blu ray player and will not be getting any more stock.' They then go on to suggest I may be interested in the BD35; 'if so then click the link', which I did, only to have the discount code rejected and the full price at £244.99 - £60 more expensive than Laskys!!!

I may be being over-sensitive, but this smacks of the 25% offer being oversubscribed; after all if Panasonic themselves won't be re-stocking then what chance do other retailers stand? Has anyone else received the same treatment?

Steve
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Ok - thanks for the info. Doesn't really make any sense to stop production on a class leading product, that sells well. The cost of production must now be minimal

Oh well - may now go to Sony.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
seems really strange to cease production/sale without even a rumour of a replacement. Maybe the Vegas CES will yield answers, but still - it will be at least a month before any new model is properly reviewed and in circulation.

A

Anonymous

Only logic I can see is that they re-jigged the BD55 production line some time ago and are ready to deploy stock immediatley after the 'BD60'? is launched at CES.

TRENDING THREADS