Panasonic BD55 or BD35

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So the Panasonic DMP-BD55 is discontinued! No one selling it (okay maybe one or two places) and not on their website anymore!

I have just bought my first proper 1080p 24fps 46inch tv, and was gonna buy the BD55 to go with it (on whathifi's recommendation), but now that it has been discontinued I am suspicious. I might still buy it, but should I op for the cheaper BD35?

I think cnet says that the video quality is the same on both (Panasonic appears to have told them that), and that unless you will use the 7.1 analogue outputs go for the BD35.

I won't use the 7.1 outputs.

I know I should, but I do not own an AV received yet. I will only be using the hdmi ports straight into my new tv. 

So...does anyone know if given the above I should stick with the BD55, or should I go for the cheaper still 'massly' available BD35, which has or has not the same quality, 'digital sound and visual-wise' ??

A

Anonymous

Hi Omega.

I think you've probably already answered your own question. The 35 and 55 are, as you say, almost identical, except for the analogue outputs on the 55. If you do decide to buy an AV receiver at some point, it is highly unlikely that it won't have an HDMI input, unless you buy one second hand, so, even then, you won't need the 7.1 outputs as the HDMI connection will carry the sound to your amp. My brother in law has the 35 feeding into 46" Panasonic plasma, and the picture is amazing. I'd go ahead with buying the 35 (unless you decide to go for its soon to be released replacement model).

A

Anonymous

Hello,

ÿÿ ÿ ÿ ÿthank you for the reply. I would wait but have bought the telly and want the blu ray disc spinner arrival to coincide with the tv delivery (snow aside)! The replacement model will be better but there is no news as yet, is there?

ÿÿ ÿ ÿ I appreciate your comments as probably need the reassurance on the 35 over the 55, the fact that it has been discontinued is interesting-perhaps Panny decided that its benefits over the 35 were not convincing enough people to buy it?

ÿÿ ÿ ÿ Knowing that your brother in law has the 35 and that the picture is amazing is good to know to!

ÿÿ ÿ ÿ ÿAnyone else agree or disagree with the original question?ÿ

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
The sound quality is superior on the 55. There was a thread on here the other week and that was Clare's view anyway

Check Professor Hat and Clare's answers on BD35 v 55 from Jan 01 2009.I don't possess the skills to post a link.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts