Panasonic txp50g30b

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I currently have a panasonic txp50g30b (bought it last May) this morning I dont know what possessed me to do this but i just wanted to know how many hours of usage the panel had done, searched the internet a forum on avsforums had a step by step guide, followed that 100% correctly however when i did this a screen appeared the panel would not allow me to do anything so i switched the tv switch of from the tv itself and to my horror my tv went back to factory settings (went through the whole process of setting up all the channels etc), I find that all my picture setting settings were gone, I just have a few questions with regards to some of the settings:

Under Advanced Settings I have the current settings:

Gamma: 2.0

Intelligent Frame correction: Max

Clear Cinema: on

Resolution enhancer:Mid

Side panel: High

16:9 overscan: off

Pixel orbiter: Auto

The viewing mode i am using is "Cinema"

I would like to know are these the current settings that i should use? if not any suggestions?

after the factory reset does that mean i have to burn the panel in again for say 200-300 hours?

Please if someone can help as i am tearing my hair out.

Many thanks

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Don't worry, you won't have to "Burn in" the screen again, it's just phosphor ageing which can't be changed with settings much like a new mental outlook on life won't get rid of wrinkles. :)

Gamma should be at 2.2 or 2.4 (2.2 is industry standard but these panels seem to come in under what the setting indicates so 2.4 should be better), 2.0 will look more washed out than either of these.

I can't remember what Clear Cinema does, we have these screens in the office and I'm not there on a Sunday - but generally turn all these enhancements off or down low depending on whether you're watching HD or SD material - HD should need less enhancements and they are sometimes detrimental to a natural looking picture.

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Much appreciated mate, if you do get a chance would you be able to check your panels when you get a chance and give me some feedback if its not to much trouble, any other settings recommended under the "white balance" settings, finally "colour balance" i have that "normal" should it be anything else?sorry to be such a pain its just i want the best possible picture to go with my serious surround sound setup.

Many thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts