Panasonic TX58DX902B - arriving today!

Taj27

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

After nearly 6 years of fantastic service from my 42" panasonic plasma (which i still love) i got the itch to update with all my mates doing the upgrades this year i held out as long as i could

Sold my plasma and ordered direct from Panasonic their 58" 902b 'flagship model' as it came with a 6 year warranty as well- wife was a little overwhelmed with the size change but we have a good room layout and still suits the room size after measuring up so its just something astehtically she needs to get used to lol!

Have i made a good choice!? the hype/reviews seem very promising, but should i have saved a grand and bought the Hisense M7000? i am struggling to find comparrisons side by side of it against other tv's especially the LG's / oleds. I believe that OLED is the better tv?, but how does this one compare to an OLED? I have noted the recommended settings from avforums video on youtube so looking forward to getting her set up tonight.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I've viewed it side by side with the LG e6V OLED. Personally I think it has the edge ovcer the OLED because the higher brightness makes the picture look more realistic with the higher dynamic range in the highlights.

That said, I've just bought an LG OLED e6V because 58" was too big for my room.

You won't go far wrong.

Taj27

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the replies - yes i am made up with the quality, very happy i took the plunge. Tried the avforums picture settings but find amazon 4k/uhd content to be a tad dark yet very precise in details and sharpness but thats probably just the advantage of a good tv lol!, maybe i just need to up the brightness a few notches!? - watching Goliath and the dark scenes just seem to dark, will have to see if anyone else has any calibrated settings for the picture.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Taj27 said:
thanks for the replies - yes i am made up with the quality, very happy i took the plunge. Tried the avforums picture settings but find amazon 4k/uhd content to be a tad dark yet very precise in details and sharpness but thats probably just the advantage of a good tv lol!, maybe i just need to up the brightness a few notches!? - watching Goliath and the dark scenes just seem to dark, will have to see if anyone else has any calibrated settings for the picture.

i would invest in a professional calibration on your new TV. It's a good investment and sounds like you have crushed blacks if it's too dark.. *good*

fruityboy

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
hi taj let me know how you get on with the settings,i have the same tv as you and am a bit dissapointed with it to be honest,wish i had kept my pioneer kuro

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts