Panasonic TX-P50UT30B – thoughts?

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
What are people thoughts on the Panasonic TX-P50UT30B? It’s a 50” 3D plasma and can be currently got for £750 in Currys.

Now there is very little information out there and what I have found seems to say it’s a model not at first intended for this market. The price seems good looking at the spec but I wonder how it performs compared to similar priced and size TV’s out there.

Has anyone seen one yet?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I was looking at this set to at 799 in currys with 2 pairs of glasses but was a bit put of at the size of the frame and thickness/depth of it + i dont think its a smart/network tv ?
As said it was 669 at sevenoaks with free 5yr warranty but think it was just last weekend only .
In the end i went for the lg50pz570 3d smart plasma which is also 799 in currys but i got mine from richer sounds when it was on sale from 749 down to 649 and because the manager was an old school friend i got it for only 615 in the end ! result

Alantiggger said:
I'm seriously thinking of buying this 50ST30 rather than the GT now. (VT being too expensive )

They do have similar or same panels right ?

The only main differences I can see is that the GT30 is THX certified & has THX mode which automatically optimises your TV's settings, & also has extra picture settings (Pro 1 & Pro 2), to fine tune calibration for optimum picture.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/287749/module/general/compare/products/displayResult.html?p=TX-P50ST30B&p=TX-P50GT30B

If you're not bothered about these, then you can save some cash by going for ST30. But check these both out in flesh & compare them. Similar features on paper doesn't automatically translate to similar picture quality.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Alantiggger said:
I'm seriously thinking of buying this 50ST30 rather than the GT now. (VT being too expensive )

They do have similar or same panels right ?

The only main differences I can see is that the GT30 is THX certified & has THX mode which automatically optimises your TV's settings, & also has extra picture settings (Pro 1 & Pro 2), to fine tune calibration for optimum picture.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/287749/module/general/compare/products/displayResult.html?p=TX-P50ST30B&p=TX-P50GT30B

If you're not bothered about these, then you can save some cash by going for ST30. But check these both out in flesh & compare them. Similar features on paper doesn't automatically translate to similar picture quality.

Thanks for the link and hopefully I'll be out and about next week and have a good look at both of these sets. :)

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Sorry for the thread hijack, but i'm going through a similar process & looking at both sets - GT & ST.

You mention that the GT has freesat HD, please excuse my noob question but does Freesat behave the same as Freeview HD & does it require any additional setup?

The reason I ask is I live in a apartment complex & I can only use the current aerial input which is currently supplied into the flat (which is fine for my current Freeview), but obviously I cant install or modify this supply?

Also just out of curiosity why did you choose the ST or the GT?

Thanks

Brent

A

Anonymous

Hi Bigboss

Thanks for clearing that up for me - pretty sure we dont have one of those dishes, but yeah worth a check.

Just to confirm do both the ST30 & the GT30 have built in Freeview HD? & are the internet compatible (iplayer etc)?

I have looked on the Panasonic website, but could find anything obvious stating whether they did or not (again apologies if a dumb question).

Cheers

Brent

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts