Panasonic TX-37LZD800 Vs Sony KDL-40W4500U

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help!

I'm ready to upgrade my LCD TV to one of the following, but as you can see they are roughly the same price.

Sony Full HD 100Hz KDL40W4500U 40" LCD TV £935 or

Panasonic Full HD 100Hz TX37LZD800 37" LCD TV £900

The Panasonic has been out much longer, great reviews.

The Sony is still very new but also has great reviews!

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,

Ted1

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I would go for the Sony a big step up in lcd performance and the nearest a lcd has come to plasma in terms of natural colour and deepness in blacks. Perhaps an audition against the Panny plasma might be a good idea, you might be tempted to strecth to 42" tv. Ive also been looking at the Sony and comparing it to the plasma, and for me i prefered the plasma has i dont have sky, so sd tv looked better. I cant comment on panny lcd as i havent seen it.

A

Anonymous

I have had a Sony KDL-40W4500 for two days now and after spending a little time getting the settings right, i just saw a trailer for a wild life program on BBC HD it was almost 3D. Fantastic! by the way it was only £899.99 and next week Richer Sounds should have them for £869.95.

A

Anonymous

Well, if you're looking at a 37" why not go for the Panasonic TH37PX80, around £560 and save yourself £300 (buy a decent Bluray for that). Great little set, not full HD but at that size it really doesnt matter. Best buy 37" on this web site.

southdownswolf

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Fully endorse the 37PX80, I looked at 37-40" Plasma/LCD's and the Pana Plasma was the best to my eyes. The Plasma seemed to get better and better for the first few weeks after install and I look forward to many years of high quality viewing. I sit about 6' away and the picture quality from blu-ray is amazing.

TRENDING THREADS