panasonic tv and dvd recorder

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys this is my 1st post so please be gentle and don't use any big words!! I have a panasonic tx-32lxd70 and i have just bought a panasonic dmr-ex 77eb to go with it.Two questions,1, what is the tv's resolution? what should i set the hdmi video output setting too ?? Cheers.

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
Your TV's resolution is 1366x768.I would suggest trying the various options available and picking the one that looks best to you. As the dmr-ex 77eb can only receive/record/play standard definition formats, either the video recorder or the TV (or both) will have to upscale/rescale the video to a suitable size for display, it's just a case of which does the job better.

A

Anonymous

I have the same setup (well, the 700 instead of the 70 LCD TV) and I have that recorder set to a resolution of 1080p. Granted - there isn't much difference between that and 1080i (as the TV won't display a full 1080p image anyway) but somehow it just seems a bit crisper to me.

That's a great DVD player too. I had my brother round the other day and I was showing off the TV with Batman begins and he was sure he was watching a HD video when it was in fact the standard DVD being upscaled.

Steve.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys,I will try the 1080p and then take it from there.

A

Anonymous

I am using 1080p on this my LXD700 with a Sony upscaling DVD Player and it looks and sounds great

I tried other settings but , as Steve said, 1080p just looks crisper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts