Panasonic TH46 PZ81B Blue Pixels on DVD/PS3 & Green pixels on TV.. Calling Tech-heads!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have ousted the Sony 40W4500 now & just set up my new Pana & first impressions are great. I have a couple of questions that I'd like to get some help with & call on the vast amount of knowledge that this site generates. I've set up the screen using the THX Optimiser so the picture itself looks great but I have some pixel anomolies, not sure if it's the technology or a fault & wonder if you can help?

BLUE Pixels.When watching DVD's there are bright Blue Pixels chasing up & down the very left hand edge of the screen & on some scenes a few can be seen flitting throughout darker areas or shades on the screen. This only seems to be apparent on DVD & I haven't seen this on any of my Blue rays yet. On PS3 (I had this when playing fifa09 on the Sony LCD when a menu was superimposed over the play screen). on darker areas of the picture you get the same Blue pixels chasing & varying in amount from a few to a lot.

Green Pixels. When watching normal TV through the TV's own source fine, but when I switch over to SKY there is a static green line of pixels at the very top edge of the screen. These aren't chasing, but just there!

However. If I switch on the "Overscan" feature found in set up, it expands the picture a bit & cannot see either set of pixels on the edges of the screen obviously just because the image is expanded.

Easy answer I know if watch it with the overscan on :O) but I want to know what it is & what causes it, if there is a fault or is it the technology?

Can anyone shed some light on the whole thing please? Many thanks!

A

Anonymous

Overscan is meant to be 'On' at all times unless you are using the PC Input or feeding the tv a true 1080 source such as Blu-ray etc. With it set to 'Off', it is quite normal to see lots of 'noise' around the edges of the screen when watching SD sources.

A

Anonymous

Hi grdunn123,

Yes I'm using an Onkyo 806. Does this have a relevance?

A

Anonymous

Alsina,

Many Thanks, what about when I'm watching DVD source is the the same?. It doesn't look like noise as you get in some pictures. These are definate full coloured picelx dancing round.

But overscan will be on at all times now anyway!

A

Anonymous

grdun,

I see you are using the same reciever & TV...would you care to elaborate at all.? What are your experiences & if it's the amp are you happy to just live with it?

Thanks,

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I recently got the 806 and I'm very happy with it so far......however there are quite a few reports od blue dots and dancing blue pixels all along the left hand edge of the screen. You need to contact a company called Genserve ( Google it) and give them a call. It's the HDMI interface that needs replaced I think.

A

Anonymous

Thats interesting & thanks.... I've had the overscan on & it has eliminated the pixels at the top & the side but still get a few blue pixels when watching a normal DVD not often but on some darker areas. Same with PS3.

I'll google as you recommended.

Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

grdunn,

You are right. I bypassed the AMP & with both sources no pixels.

I'll call the reseller tomorrow.

Thanks a lot!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts