Panasonic TH42PZ80 or TH42PZ85

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Very confused here, been trying to find a good comparative review of these plasma's. I am in the market to replace my TH37PE30 - a fantastic TV BTW but not HD so up for moving to the den. The PZ85 has some additional features (picture enhancement) and better placement of the third HDMI socket but is it worth the extra £250? I use the TV mainly for watching terrestrial, DVD's, bluray via my PS3 but have heard the electronic wizardry in the 85 can actually diminish the picture quality.

Can I have some opinions please??

Thanks

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
The main difference of the 85 is the improved audio system and IFC ( the electronic wizardry) . Basically IFC is mean't for 24fps bluerays only. But for some unknown reason is turned on by default on all modes/inputs. All you need to do is turn it off in the menu for normal tv/sky dvd's etc.

I have the 85 and it's an excellent tv. Is the improved sound and better socket placement over the 80 model worth it ? Well it depends if you have a proper surround system or not. If you don't you may find the improved audio system is well worth the extra money. It's very very good by flatscreen standards using the BBE VIVA 3D sound mode on the 85.

I do have a proper surround system but I mainly use that for watching films or playing on the ps3. But for normal tv useage and late night watching it's ideal for me.

Just had a quick price check on pricerunner.co.uk and the 42PZ85 can be had for £899 all in inc delivery, 42PZ80 best price is £745 all in delivered.

So the extra's on the 85 might be worth it for the extra £145.

EDIT: Also if you live in England then ask John Lewis for a price match with Sound and Vision in Bolton. Not only will they match the much lower price but you also get a free 5 year warranty as well.

A

Anonymous

SpiceWeasel:

EDIT: Also if you live in England then ask John Lewis for a price match with Sound and Vision in Bolton. Not only will they match the much lower price but you also get a free 5 year warranty as well.

Would John Lewis in Peterborough match a Bolton S&V?

Moving towards the PZ81, PZ800 or PZ85 Panasonics. I work in Currys but 10% off (staff discount) the PZ85 @ 1199.99 is a harsh price compared to some with only a one year guarantee!

Lee

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
As long as the JL shop is in England then they will match any retail store or proper shop price anywhere in England. They will not price match online only retail stores/shops. The bolton S&V is a proper retail shop and also one of the cheapest places in the UK to buy a tv. So match their price and get JL's free 5 year warranty all thrown in.

There's lots of threads on price matching at John Lewis if you do a search. Lots of people have done the same thing on all sorts of tv's.

EDIT: The tv your trying to price match must be in stock at whatever store you decide to price match with. Also if the other store charges a delivery fee then JL will as well...... Luckily the Bolton S&V is free delivery included in the price.

So if it's out of stock then you might have to wait for them to restock before price matching. Normally JL will ring you back when it is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts