Panasonic TH-4PZ81B sound problem.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there. We have the Panasonic TH-42PZ81B with Freesat built in, and are having problems with the sound quality. If we're watching the music channel or anything with any bass, you can't turn the volume up even half way without it sounding like the speakers have blown. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and whether they got it fixed under warranty? I can't believe a £1000 TV can possibly sound this bad as we have a 32 inch panasonic LCD which sounds amazing in comparrison. Any help gratefully recieved.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried experimenting with the set's different sound settings? If I remember rightly, this Panasonic is one of the Viera range with some psuedo-surround and extra-bass options: might be worth checking if you hear an improvement with them on/off.

A

Anonymous

Hi there. Many thanks for replying. I had a play with all the sound settings to no avail, and have had a Panasonic engineer come to look at it. It appears that the tv has come out of the factory with faulty speakers, so he will be fitting a new pair soon. He said he's never seen that problem with this tv before, and we still have a lot of faith in the brand. Just ordered a panasonic blu ray player so fingers crossed...........

A

Anonymous

Hi Ding,

I had a similar experience with the first Samsung i owned. It sounded like one of the Subs had blown or something. Everything past a certain level was distorting horribly.

Fortunately when i took it back to Currys, the girl noticed it to (even though we were on a tv channel that wasnt very base heavy) eventually.

I always find it a bit ridiculous that engineers fix things, Rather than companies giving you a new working model that you payed for. Its not unlike buying a secodhand product.

Its like them making the sales pitch, "its £1000, its new, and its also broken, however, it does come with a free engineer call out - who will after a delayed time mend it for you!"

;-)

A

Anonymous

I know what you mean, but what can we do? I was just glad I'd recorded something on our dvd recorder which made the speakers sound terrible. I was dreading the engineer saying that it was just a rubbish sounding tv and not a fault. Hope you got yours sorted ok.

A

Anonymous

I know, the worst thing is waiting to have them agree with you. Until then, you always feel like you are being judged as a liar or not.

I did get mine replaced. I dont have that model now anyway.

Incidently the sound was awful on it anyway (even on the working model). Then again, Samsung had a fairly bad rep for poor quality sound on their LCDs for a while. I assume they have sorted it now, though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts