Panasonic TC-32LZ800

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If I manage to get enough money together I was hoping to get another 32LXD700. However, I have read that the 32LZ800 is much better and has better blacks. Does anyone have info on this model including possible price? I believe it will be available in May?

A

Anonymous

Just bringing this back up to the top.I will not be ignored!lol

Just wondering whether any of the What Hi Fi team know how this model compares with the 32LXD700?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Stick to your 32LXD700-It's has excellent reviews and is obviously a very good TV especially for standard definition sources and all those wonderful soaps you like watching but if you are still suffering from that irritating backlight problem get the retailer to replace it with another before you add a second one

A

Anonymous

Still have the irritating backlight problem and the retailer is rather irritating as well.

He will not replace it as he says he cannot see a problem!

I promise though I am not making it up but it does look worse at night time when he obviously is not going to see it! However, it is evident in the daytime as well but he cannot or rather 'will not' see it!

I don't like to witter on about my health problems, as it is boring!, but I really am not keeping well at all and the stress of this is not helping. So think I was wishing that I could get some money and buy another TV online and not darken this horrible little man's door again!!!

It is such a shame as apart from these horrible little yellow clouds on dark backgrounds it is a great TV!

A

Anonymous

For one thing don't let this kind of thing stress you out-life's too short to worry about ruddy televisions and flashing lights.

This may sound crazy but are you able to take a photograph of the problem? If so, do so, and write a letter to your seller enclosing a copy of the photo insisting that this is what it looks like on the evening and that you are not happy with the problem. The TV is still under guarantee.If you can't take a photo of it insist that the Dealer come round in the evening to see the problem

Before you write to your horrible little man telephone Panasonic at their Customer Care Centre on 0844 844 3856 advising them of the problem also saying that you're going to write to your unhelpful dealer . Ask Panasonic for their Customer Care Office address and when you write to the dealer copy Panasonic on the same letter so that the dealer can see you've written to them.

Explain that you do not keep well and that all this is giving you unecessary added stress particularly as you (and the Cat) also rely heavily on your TV for your home entertainment.Say this to Panasonic too when you make the initial phone call. If you can ask to speak with their Customer care manager and make a note of whomever you speak to there and their job title.

Give it a go.

Not sure if you can post the photo on this site or perhaps WHFS&V would be able to give you their address so that you can send it to them to see. If they can see there's a problem and you don't receive any joy from your letter surely they might be able to write a letter for you.....Andrew...Claire...Messrs Clough & Kerr are you there?

A

Anonymous

Thanks ever so much Tallyho!

I really appreciate your advice. I do agree it's not worth getting stressed about but I am so disappointed as I spent a lot of time researching this (as you know!) and spent a lot of money in the hope I would have a Tv I could enjoy for years!

I know that he will completely refuse to come to see the TV in the evening as I asked him to do just that and he said no.

I have emailed Panasonic about this but they have not replied.

Unfortunately, I can't take a photo of the problem as don't have a digital camera since one of my cats peed on it!!

Cheers again!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Scotsgirl"]Thanks ever so much Tallyho!
I know that he will completely refuse to come to see the TV in the evening as I asked him to do just that and he said no.
I have emailed Panasonic about this but they have not replied.
[/quote]

OK....still telephone Panasonic......Tel them you tried to email them but never received a reply and that you must now speak with someone who can resolve your problem with the dealer. Insist they give you a reference call number for your call to them and make a note of this-take the name and job title of the person you speak to. Tell them you asked your Dealer to come around to see the problem one evening but that he refused and put all this in your letter to both the dealer and Panasonic. Tell them, and lay it on a bit thick if you have to, that you are not well and this is causing you stress. Tell them that your TV is the one thing you rely on to entertain you and you have saved up hard to get the TV you wanted. Stick it all in writing and remember to refer to your Panasonic telephone call in the letter.

See what happens as a result of this: Your TV is under guarantee and that twerp of a dealer needs to respond positively to your concerns

A

Anonymous

Will do!

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks Tallyho for the much appreciated advice and support.

A

Anonymous

No problem, Just tell your cat not to go and Pee all over the TV

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We'd be happy to pass on any communication to Panasonic, with the emphasis to them on us knowing whether the issue is sorted!

Re your original question on Panasonics new 2008 models - with the '80 and '800 suffixes replacing the current '70 and '700 ones - we don't know yet, as we won't see test models for a couple of months.

I saw them on show at CES earlier this month and they looked good, but a showfloor is no place to be making serious quality judgements. I'll be getting a much closer look at them in a couple of weeks time, when i'm spending a couple of days going through Panasonic's entire line-up for the year. Full report will, of course, be up here - look out for it Feb 12th -13th.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare! I would really appreciate your help.

I look forward to seeing your report on the new models.

A

Anonymous

Why not wait a few more months and get the new lazer tv they are brill.

A

Anonymous

Don't know anything about them?

What size will they be as don't really want anything bigger than 32" . Also what would the price be?

A

Anonymous

Well I checked out a blank channel today and the backlight problem is getting even worse! It now looks like a kind of floodlight effect!

I am going to see whether a friend can take a video clip of it for me so I can send it to both the retailer and Panasonic.

As I said before it is a great TV and such a shame that this is spoiling it and that my retailer isn't helping.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]Don't know anything about them?

What size will they be as don't really want anything bigger than 32" . Also what would the price be?[/quote]

More on laser tech here - but please don't fret about it: like OLED, this is just one possible future for TV, but nowhere near mainstream affordability. LCD and plasma is it for a good while yet.

A

Anonymous

I was just wondering what sort of blacks I should be expecting on the Panny 32LXD700?

I know they are not going to be as 'deep' as Plasma and have seen some people say that blacks on LCDs are on the grey side?

I find that blacks in the main picture are really good and it is just the background which is lacking (not helped by clouding!).
Having said that blacks weren't all that good on my CRT.

I think that blacks in some broadcasts must also be worse than others as the clouding seems to be more noticable in some programmes and DVDs than others?

A

Anonymous

If you try watching a dark scene on your Panny at night with no lights on (so it's really dark in the room), you will notice that there will still be some light being output from the screen, so it is not completely black. This is due to the way LCDs work - they require there to be a backlight on at all times to produce the image.

Actually I am also a person who isn't that bothered about black. Obviously it is important but I reckon other things such as sharpness and overall colour performance are more important. That said, I believe it is necessary for a tv to be able to display deep blacks in order to do a good job with the rest of the spectrum.

A

Anonymous

I totally agree with you!

You say there will be some light output from the screen but this should be 'uniform'?Also, I take it that the screen should still be quite 'dark'? Mine is very uneven with moving yellow clouds!

A

Anonymous

I emailed Panasonic on the 16th January about this problem but have not had a reply and wondered when is a reasonable time to expect a reply?

I had contacted them via their website when I first saw the problem and they did respond quickly then and told me to contact the retailer.

I feel I have reached stalemate!

I am hoping that I will be able to get a video clip which will show the clouding.

A

Anonymous

Why not phone them on 08705 357 357 and see what you can get done from there?

out of curiousity was it a shop@panasonic you bought it from or an independent retailer or a superstore?(e.g comet)

A

Anonymous

We've been through all this before.

Can't see the Point in SCOTSGIRL paying out more money for a TV which she's only had barely 5 minutes. Sure there's a problem with it, but she can't just give up and go and buy another TV surely? And then what happens if that TV too develops a fault.....Go and buy another one?

She needs to be a little bit forceful in writing with the dealer and copy in Panasonic too having at first telephoned their Customer Care and made a note of the person's name with whom she speaks.

This is a new TV and if she and the Cat are going to benefit from it properly she will need to get 'tough' yet remain diplomatic . At the end of the day she's not happy with the TV and that twerp of a dealer need to, in effect, replace her TV....end of Story ( as Satchmo used to say)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Divsky"]Why not phone them on 08705 357 357 and see what you can get done from there?

out of curiousity was it a shop@panasonic you bought it from or an independent retailer or a superstore?(e.g comet)[/quote]

Afraid I can't phone them just now as I have an ear infection and can't hear!

I bought it from an independent local retailer as I thought it would be more convenient if anything went wrong. How wrong was I?!!!

A

Anonymous

When you are better get on the blower and give your dealer a Ear Ache. Tell him to pull his thumb out if his **m and resolve the problem once and for all and advise him that you have contacted and will be telephoning and writing to Panasonic to name and shame him

A

Anonymous

Quite agree with you!

I was daydreaming about buying a new TV which I could put in the living room and then put the 'old' one in the bedroom ,where a good TV would be handy, but still get it replaced.

I agree I need to get tough but I really am feeling so unwell just now (sorry I hate moaning but just want to explain)that I don't have the energy!

I'm definitely not giving up!

A

Anonymous

Sale of Goods Act Quick Facts

Subject: Sale of Goods Act, Faulty Goods.

Relevant or Related Legislation: Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

Key Facts:

Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

For up to six years after purchase (five years from discovery in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).

A purchaser who is a consumer, i.e. is not buying in the course of a business, can alternatively request a repair or replacement.

If repair and replacement are not possible or too costly, then the consumer can seek a partial refund, if they have had some benefit from the good, or a full refund if the fault/s have meant they have enjoyed no benefit

In general, the onus is on all purchasers to prove the goods did not conform to contract (e.g. was inherently faulty) and should have reasonably lasted until this point in time (i.e. perishable goods do not last for six years).

If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)

After six months and until the end of the six years, it is for the consumer to prove the lack of conformity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts