Panasonic TC-32LZ800

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Tallyho!

I am interested in the part which says up until six months the onus is on the retailer to prove there is no fault but wonder how in theory this works?

Basically I am saying there is a fault and he is saying there isn't!

A

Anonymous

The dealer should be able to replace your TV with another one and return your existing one to Panasonic under Warranty. Panasonic should then give your dealer a nice credit note in effect paying him back for the TV which is under warranty. The Warranty is a manufacturers Warranty and I guess you've got the 5 year one from Panasonic.It's no skin off your dealer's nose to do this. He's got to shift his ****e and do something unless of course he delivers TV's on a push bike, had developed a puncture and now can't be bothered to fix it

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm on the case with passing this issue onto Panasonic - it's with them now and they've promised a response by the end of the week. Will let you all know!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Tallyho"]
The dealer should be able to replace your TV with another one and return your existing one to Panasonic under Warranty. Panasonic should then give your dealer a nice credit note in effect paying him back for the TV which is under warranty. The Warranty is a manufacturers Warranty and I guess you've got the 5 year one from Panasonic.It's no skin off your dealer's nose to do this. He's got to shift his ****e and do something unless of course he delivers TV's on a push bike, had developed a puncture and now can't be bothered to fix it

[/quote]

I know where I'd like to park his bike!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
I'm on the case with passing this issue onto Panasonic - it's with them now and they've promised a response by the end of the week. Will let you all know!

[/quote]

Thanks ever so much Clare! I really, really appreciate it.

In your experience should there be much of a backlight 'problem' with this TV? I notice in the warranty that it says some backlight showing through is normal but surely not yellow clouds?

At the risk of repeating myself I am absolutely delighted with the Tv apart from this and if I could get a replacement without this problem then I would be well chuffed!

A

Anonymous

It would be great if Clare, 'The Old Bean' and the rest of WHFS&V could now influence Panasonic to actually resolve this issue for you. The fact that Clare has contacted them for you in itself is commendable and I sincerely hope the problem will be resolved for you shortly. We will all be watching this space.

A

Anonymous

I really appreciate your support and it is ever so good of Clare to contact Panasonic on my behalf!

This restores my faith in human nature!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]

In your experience should there be much of a backlight 'problem' with this TV? I notice in the warranty that it says some backlight showing through is normal but surely not yellow clouds?

At the risk of repeating myself I am absolutely delighted with the Tv apart from this and if I could get a replacement without this problem then I would be well chuffed![/quote]

We've had several samples of the set in and never experienced problems as you describe - and we test with lights both on and off (and dimmed!). However, backlight show-through is an issue for ALL LCDs, and without seeing your particular set it'd be difficult to tell how it compares to other sets.

Hopefully Pana will have an answer.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Have we found a new feature for the magazine to run every month? As well as the 'Reader Rescue' feature, there'd be a 'Consumer Corner' where a complaint or issue such as this would be highlighted and reported on until satisfactory completion?

I know 2 Scottish papers run such features every week.

Best of luck with this one, I'm sure Panasonic will come through in the end (with a possible upgrade for her trouble).

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare!

I wouldn't mind 'slight' backlight seepage but not the yellow clouding which has been getting steadily worse since I first got it.

It started off as a small 'cloud' in the top left hand corner but has spread to the whole screen now.

A

Anonymous

Good idea! Cofnchtr

It has been so good to be able to share this problem as I felt out of my depth on my own.

I do hope Panasonic will help resolve this so I can just get on and enjoy watching TV.

Cheers for the good wishes!

A

Anonymous

Well Clare has worked her magic and got the following reply from Panasonic!:-

I have been forwarded your e mail regarding Mrs Falconer and her LCD television by Jane Hinton of our PR Department

Having consulted our technical department regarding the phenomenon reported by Mrs Falconer we do not believe a fault is prevailing here.

Rather we believe the condition the customer is describing is normal light leakage of an LCD Panel, as she states also that it appears worse in a darkened room, and she could not recreate the phenomena, such that it was obvious to the retailer upon his visit to her home. This light leakage is common to ALL makes of LCD regardless of manufacturer we must stress and could be described as a weakness of this technology. This phenomena is responsible for the black areas of the picture to be slightly washed out, and may also cause the blacks in the picture to appear grey. In addition, as the back light warms up over a period of time, it may also be possible for the colour temperature of this white light to alter slightly, thus changing the colour of the bleed though slightly.

Given the foregoing, I am not sure of course how the customer wishes to proceed but will if required and upon knowledge of, and via the selling the retailer, assist in facilitating an exchange, although I do not feel this will eliminate the issue reported here.

Kind Regards

Steve

I am delighted that they are offering an exchange but a bit miffed that he is inferring there is no problem. I couldn't 'recreate the phenomena' when the retailer visited for various reasons not least that he kept flicking through the channels;changing settings and stood only 3ft away from it.
Also it does look worse at night time!

I am not really sure what is meant by 'normal light leakage'?

I have to say it is making me doubt myself but there is definitely yellow clouding which has been getting worse over time and is evident in dark backgrounds. I accept that blacks may look 'washed out' on LCDs but that is not the issue here.

He is giving the impression that it will be a waste of time getting an exchange.

What do you think folks?

Thanks again Clare! You are a star!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Ask them to bring the (brand new & boxed) exchange and show you the same issue on the new set?

If you are in any way worried there's something wrong with your current set (which you clearly are), now is the time to change it. Ask what limitations there are on the exchange - is it a like for like or can you change to plasma (if you desired).

Glad that, thanks to the magazine, you have the chance to put your mind at rest.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello Liz,

So glad you may be at last getting things sorted, I have to agree with the other comment ask for a new boxed exchange and try to compare it with your old tv I have to say I am not a fan of Sony but my brother has a Sony lcd which I setup for him and I cannot see any backlight comming through the picture, blacks are quite black not deep but black and nothing yellow like you say which does make me feel your tv has a fault I would still keep with Panasonic but like the other person says you may get on better with a plasma but they are quite large starting at 37" and that is hard to find now as Panasonic no long make it so the next size is 42" which maybe to big for you. Good luck. P.S sorry I have not sent you back an email I have been so busy but I will get round to it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks both!

I'm afraid I don't have room for a 37" screen so will stick with the 32LXD700 in the hope that the new one will not have this fault.

All I kept getting from Panasonic was to get in touch with the retailer so well done Clare!

I am also grateful to Steve of Panasonic for offering an exchange even though he doesn't think there is a problem!

I will be keep you updated and thanks again everyone for your support.

Speak soon Colin and, don't worry, I know how busy you are.

A

Anonymous

Well I received an email from Steve at Panasonic to say he had contacted the retailer and , as he did not stock the TV but ordered it especially for me, he cannot arrange the exchange through the retailer (hooray!) but will organise this direct from Panasonic.

The only problem is I don't have the original packaging , as don't have the room, so hoping they will take the 'old' TV away in the packaging of the 'new' one.

This TV is out of stock but they are expecting it in around the 10th February.

So many, many thanks again to Clare and to Steve at Panasonic!

Please everyone send up a prayer that the replacement will be free from any defects and I can sit back, relax and enjoy my lovely telly for quite a few years to come!

Charly the cat says 'meow' to that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts