Panasonic Plasma Faulty Again AAAARGH

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
My telly's developed a fault again. It's a good job I got a five year guarentee for it.
It was purchased in Dec 08. TH-50PZ

First

The tuner card had a fault (channels breaking up/squeeking popping) tv went in for repair card replaced. (With it being a pretty new tv I blamed the aerial so I had it replaced all new shielded coax etc).

Second

The paint on the stand started cracking/coming off, again in it's first year. Photo's were sent of to Panasonic, they said I must have cleaned it with something that has reacted with it. It's only ever had furniture polish on it at dusting time. Anyway I was told the stands are not guarenteed anyway.

Third

Would you believe it, the bloody tv card failed again, same fault as above, again tv goes in for repair, this time it's replaced with a MODIFIED card, my dealer has ordered in a lot of cards as I think he's had a few in for repair.

Fourth

This morning the wife has noticed a dot about 1cm diameter in the screen when polishing the paint flaking stand (the tv was turned off). I turned on the tv and they are still there. BLOODY HELL AAARGH!!!!
I'm going to phone the dealer in the morning to arrange pickup/repair.

I've just written a letter of complaint to Panasonic via there web site as I don't think this very good at all and I'm totally p***** off with it.

This is my second Panasonic plasma, I've still got a TH50PX now in my daughters bedroom, which has performed perfectly, I only upgraded to go 1080P.

I'll let you know how I get on.

RANT OVER.

A

Anonymous

My Panasonic TH42PZ82BA plasma has performed faultlessly since I bought it 18 months and more ago. Mind you I still have the same can of Pledge my mum bought me when I bought my first home 20 years ago
emotion-10.gif

I think you got a lemon from new, and I would be pushing the retailer and/or Panasonic to provide you with a brand new equivalent "out of good will".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts