D

Deleted member 2457

Which one would you buy right now?

A pansonic or a sony tv?

Thanks

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Whichever provides the best picture quality in my living room.

I appreciate extra features, especially things like BBC iPlayer. However, picture quality is still the most important factor.

And I don't care about 3D. At all.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel:

Which one would you buy right now?

A pansonic or a sony tv?

Thanks

After recently having problems with 2models of Sony lcd (40W5500 then the 40EX503) i would, and have bought, a Panasonic. Sony lcd faults were backlight clouding and pixels on 3 W5500's then 1 with backlight clouding and 1 with a picture fault where screen cuts out and goes purple with black, white and purple vertical lines with the EX503's.

I gave up on Sony and lcd's and took delivery of a Panasonic TX-P42G20 plasma on saturday and i'm very impressed with it so Panasonic all the way for me
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Sorreltiger:I'd stick with my PIONEER, Gel ;-)

I don't suppose you have a spare one for me?
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy:

I gave up on Sony and lcd's and took delivery of a Panasonic TX-P42G20 plasma on saturday and i'm very impressed with it so Panasonic all the way for me
emotion-21.gif

Excellent post
emotion-21.gif
thanks, could you tell me which one has a better freeview tuner in for pictures?

Thanks

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel:

Excellent post
emotion-21.gif
thanks, could you tell me which one has a better freeview tuner in for pictures?

Thanks

Thats a good question i would say the EX503 has the better freeview tuner as it seemed to pick up more channels with less breaking up of the signal BUT the W5500 had slightly better PQ. To get a picture of similar quality on the EX503 i found i needed to turn on PNR, MPEG reduction etc to low and then increase the sharpness to dial out the softness introduced by the processing, but overall the stronger signal strength wins out
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts