Panasonic MZ2000 (TX-65MZ2000B)

Woogy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
The Sony A95L is not better.

All Sony’s rely too heavily on a faux sharpness setting called 'Reality Creation'. This setting means Sony's are not picture accurate out of the box. It is for this reason the UHD Alliance will never allow Sony to have the picture and colour accurate picture preset 'Filmmaker Mode' on-board

The only way to truly defeat 'Reality Creation' is by way of calibration. Just who is prepared to pay for calibration on top of the Sony tax?!

Plus, Sony OLED and QD-OLED are more likely to suffer from image retention than any other brand, according to research and testing undertaken by Rtings.

Why would anyone pay substantially more for a less picture accurate TV susceptible to screen damage?

For picture accuracy and colour accuracy out of the box, as well as reliability, spend your money on an LG G3 or the Panasonic MZ2000.

Last edited:

Woogy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Given that LG makes all the OLED screens, how is this possible?
According to Rtings it's the way Sony implements their settings that are supposed to mitigate the possibility of image retention.

LG and Panasonics immediately undertake a pixel refresh when the TV is put into standby after a minimum three hours viewing. Sony's do not.

A Sony has to be in standby mode for longer before it undertakes the pixel refresh, which means it undertakes fewer cycles per week and accordingly suffer with (permanent) image retention quicker than their rivals as a result.

Last edited:
OK. Sounds like it's only really a potential issue (and I qualify that deliberately) if you have repeated long sessions with short gaps. I suspect most will have longer sessions in the evenings followed by an large overnight gap - if what you say is true it sounds like they'll all get the good night's sleep they need.

kdbur

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Very disappointed the 77'' does not have MLA especially since LG make such a panel. As it is, for the first time in decades I will not buy a Panny and instead opt for the Sony QD Oled. I have a serious problem with bad motion processing and only Panny and Sony do a good enough job for my eyes and brain

TRENDING THREADS