Panasonic GT30 and USB connection to Laptop

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone know whether I can use the USB connection on a Panasonic P50GT30 to attach a laptop so that I can access iPlayer or do I need to have a USB > HDMI converter?

If I need a USB > HDMI converter does anyone have any recommendations?

I am assuming that this is a temporary solution, as I will be adding ethernet in the next four weeks.

Thanks,
Neil

nads

you will need a HDMI to HDMI or DVI to HDMI cable/adaptor and suitable cable.

USB aint doing it.

or you could use the PC in with suitable cable it all depends on your laptop.

A

Anonymous

Hi Nads,

Thank you for your reply. The only, non-network, connection I have is USB so, presumably, I can use a USB > HDMI converter and cable?

Thanks,

Neil

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Newbie_Neil said:
Thank you for your reply. The only, non-network, connection I have is USB so, presumably, I can use a USB > HDMI converter and cable?
Your TV should have several HDMI inputs, unless you've used them all, but there's no such thing as a USB to HDMI converter, to my knowledge. USB isn't a display connection.

A

Anonymous

Hi Nads,

nads said:
I supose I should ask what are you actually trying to do? stream to the TV or create an Adhoc Wireless link?

My niece was with us last week and plugged her laptop into the GT30 using a HDMI cable and then played some youtube videos. My laptop doesn't have a HDMI connection, so I was hoping to be able to do the same thing using a usb to hdmi converter, of which there are quite a few on Google.

Thanks,

Neil

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Well, you learn something new every day, not sure why you're asking the question if you already knew these things were available? Still might be easier to use a normal monitor cable and audio lead, as at least one of these things doesn't carry audio, and I don't know how easy (or possible) it is to assign a different audio input to an HDMI input (whereas the PC input usually has an audio input associated with it).

A

Anonymous

Hi The_Lhc and nads,

Thank you for your replies.

The_Lhc said:
Well, you learn something new every day, not sure why you're asking the question if you already knew these things were available?

I'm sorry, I should have made it clearer.

The_Lhc said:
Still might be easier to use a normal monitor cable and audio lead, as at least one of these things doesn't carry audio, and I don't know how easy (or possible) it is to assign a different audio input to an HDMI input (whereas the PC input usually has an audio input associated with it).

Great, I'll try it with a monitor cable and audio leads.

Thanks,

Neil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts