Panasonic DMP-BD55

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this is now a discontinued model.
But........

Should i get one now, been offered one at £300 inc del

Or

Should i wait until new model is released.?

Will need one that does all the work as my current AV amp has no HDMI inputs.

What would YOU do in my position?

Any answers welcome

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It's probably going to be a couple of months until the new ones are fully available. If you're not in any hurry, I would wait, but if you want one now, that's a good deal for a good player.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Prof

I worried that by buying now, i'll miss out on some massive improvment, plus the fact that the new model will not have analogue multi-channel outputs, to suit my current amp.

Or

By buying the new model.

I'll miss out on a good deal....

AAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Don't know what to do.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It's tricky. When I bought my Onkyo 905, about 3 weeks later, the price fell by another £150 or so. When I got my iPod Touch, they brought out the 32Gb version just two weeks later.

But I don't regret either of those purchases - the Onkyo is a fabulous amplifier and I'm still very happy with it and my iPod Touch is a great little gadget that I use every day. Yes, in both cases I could have waited a little longer and got something better / a better deal. But equally, I could have kept on waiting and never have bought anything! The key is just to make a decision based on the common sense of your situation and then not regret that decision later on.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
FWIW now you seem to have decided - my local indie atore are particularly slow to get stuff for some reason - they only just got the 55 and 35 this year! They are, however, selling them at very reasonable prices, so im going to wait til the nerw ones are out (or at least til WHF confirm the specs, tho they are, allegedly, available elsewhere on't net),

Then, unless theyre really far better (and well priced), ill go to said local indie and see if they still have the 55*, which is a step further than i would have gone last year at their original prices (would have stuck with the 35).

Hope all that made a scap of sense lol!

*Tho i may get the 35. i dont think the differences are that important to me, as long as ive understood the implications correctly.

A

Anonymous

A wise choice that you will not regret. If you do, sell me the BD55!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts