Panasonic DMP-BD35 / PS3 / HD Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I Currently have a PS3 for Blu Ray. But cannot enjoy the HD Audio as I dont have an amp with HDMI input.

Shall I...

A) Buy the Pana BD 35, which decodes the audio on board (or does my PS3 already do this??) and buy a low price amp that takes HDMI but not with HD audio

B) Continue to use the PS3 for Blu Ray and buy an Amp that takes HDMI and includes all the HD audio (e.g. Sony 820)

Any feedback and advice appreciated

Drenst

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Drenst. id go and buy the amp...................Sony 820, Onkyo 606 or Yamaha 763-(only 2HDMI on the Yamaha)................

Youre spot on the PS3 does decode all the HD audio on board and sends out as LPCM..............

Also as the Pana BD35 and Sony BD350/550 are getting ridiciously low in price nowadays, im gonna hold out and pick one up after Xmas....even though i have the PS3

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Drenst:buy a low price amp that takes HDMI but not with HD audio
Agree with Torres09, just be careful with the above - make sure the amp can accept LPCM through the HDMI - there are a few cheaper ones that have an HDMI in but it only accepts video.
Personally, I think you might as well get one which can also decode the HD audio formats - they don't cost much more and even though the PS3 can't take advantage of this, at least you're future proofed in case you decide to get a player which can't decode the formats onboard later on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts