Panasonic DMP-BD30

ALAYTON81

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone found lip synch problems with this device? I have mine connected to a Pioneer 4280xd plasma via HDMI, using the TV's speakers. When playing certain DVDs, the sound is very noticeable lagging behind the picture? Does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to rectify this? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hmm... See if you can borrow a copy of the HD Basics bluray disc - that's got a test pattern with a circular sweep with a click at the top, and works fine with my BD30 and cheap-but-good optoma projector; if you have problems with that with your setup it may point at the TV as the cause. If it works fine, then it may be a DVD (as opposed to bluray) or DVD specific problem - which DVDs show the problem?

ALAYTON81

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks jerryC, I shall try and acquire a copy of the bluray disc - I have actually only really noticed the problem on the 3:10 to Yuma DVD, where it was very noticeable after about 20 minutes (although it was okay at the start of the film). I am pretty new to the flatscreen world, and it amazes me that a new DVD can exhibit such a basic problem (unless it is the fault of the player or the TV, but given that others work okay, suggests it may not be?)

ALAYTON81

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes, thanks, apologies if I am clogging up the forum - I wasn't sure if the same people would look at all the sections, so was trying to cover all bases.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No worries, just saw that a reply had been posted there and wanted to make sure you saw it
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hmm... if it gets worse as you go on, then it sounds as though it may be running through the video and audio streams at different rates? If that's the case, the HD basics test probably wouldn't show any problems. I wonder if there's a 24p link - maybe one's adapted properly and the other hasn't.

I know some years back when I was trying to edit commercial breaks out of a PC TV recording, I had sync problems too - ended up about 5 secs out after an hour or so :-(.

A

Anonymous

Another thing to do is make sure you are using the latest firmware.
Currently at version 1.7
http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/220239/index.html#anker_220239

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts