Panasonic bdp 500 + calibration vs oppo 93

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have decided not to buy the pioneer lx55 to compliment my kuro due to continued lypsync issues I have read about.

So I was looking at the oppo 93 but was wondering if it would better buying the pana 500 and have the kuro calibrated for the same money.

Any advice would be welcomed

Thanks

A

Anonymous

rains said:
I have decided not to buy the pioneer lx55 to compliment my kuro due to continued lypsync issues I have read about.

So I was looking at the oppo 93 but was wondering if it would better buying the pana 500 and have the kuro calibrated for the same money.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

rains said:
rains said:

Thanks

Anyone?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It depends what you want out of the blu-ray player. I have the 93 and before that i had a BDT300. The blu-ray picture quality from both is excellent.. the big win with the 93 is the flexibility it has in terms of playing media from external devices. I use my Oppo for playing a wealth of material from external hard drives.. the panasonic was woeful at it.. it may have improved but it was very limited in what it would play when i had the bdt300.

That said if you just want mainly blu-ray and dvd playback then it may well be worth putting the difference towards calibration. I had my Panasonic vt30 calibrated and it was well worth it..

A

Anonymous

Thanks mick for the reply

I mainly want it for superior bluray picture quality and DVD upscaling as I use a macmini and plex for other media

I was also looking at the marantz but not sure what I'd gain in picture quality for more money

thanks

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i cant comment on the marantz but i think general opinion would be that there isnt much in it in terms of picture quality when it comes to high end blu-ray players (especially with blu-ray). i used to find the panasonic player a bit loud in usage but apart from that it played blu-rays and dvds great.

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rains

Getting the Pioneer calibrated will take the picture to another level. I have had my 42" Pioneer calibrated and the picture is amazing ... yet I thought it was good before. Detail, depth and sharpness go through the roof. Low quality source material becomes more watchable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts