Panasonic 58dx902 £2300 John Lewis!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
gel said:
richardw42 said:
Thanks for the email Gel and the info posted here. 

Ive had the TVs for well over a month h and already had one £300 price match from JL. 

Their policy states 28 days. 

I thought this tv was a bargain at £2800 so at the prices available now it's incredible. 
Fair enough mate, I was hoping you would be able to get another price match, if the £2000 deal was still on, if it was me I would be tempted to return the TV because you get 90 days to do that and order a new one - tempted?  No probs btw.  
No, that's not the right thing to do. A price was agreed and sale was made, why should the dealer suffer losses? That's taking undue advantage of John Lewis' generous return policy.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
richardw42 said:
Thanks for the email Gel and the info posted here.

Ive had the TVs for well over a month h and already had one £300 price match from JL.

Their policy states 28 days.

I thought this tv was a bargain at £2800 so at the prices available now it's incredible.
Fair enough mate, I was hoping you would be able to get another price match, if the £2000 deal was still on, if it was me I would be tempted to return the TV because you get 90 days to do that and order a new one - tempted? No probs btw.
No, that's not the right thing to do. A price was agreed and sale was made, why should the dealer suffer losses? That's taking undue advantage of John Lewis' generous return policy.
I've never done it but if I was to save £500 on my TV I might be tempted too.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I wouldn't, as it would be morally wrong. It is not fair for the dealer to suffer a loss for no fault. We as consumers often talk about our rights, but seldom talk about our responsibilities.
They will still be making huge profit on £4500 though.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
bigboss said:
I wouldn't, as it would be morally wrong. It is not fair for the dealer to suffer a loss for no fault. We as consumers often talk about our rights, but seldom talk about our responsibilities.
They will still be making huge profit on £4500 though.
They all do it on AV Forums too. Not saying I would though, I don't know.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gel.i'm in the same position as Richard in fact I bought mine before him.So 28days are well gone.Am loving the TV though and the Samsung UBD 8500,Thanks for your efforts though mate.Much appreciated. Good Stuff.

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Hi Gel.i'm in the same position as Richard in fact I bought mine before him.So 28days are well gone.Am loving the TV though and the Samsung UBD 8500,Thanks for your efforts though mate.Much appreciated. Good Stuff.
No probs.
thumbs_up.gif