Panasonic 58dx902 £2300 John Lewis!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
gel said:
RodhasGibson said:
Thats a shame Gel,Just watched UHD Version of Matt Damons Martian. Stunning really Stunning Picture is all I can say.Good Movie too.I went for the Samsung UBD K8500 UHD Player in the end,as no Panasonics available in the near future due to back orders and supply shortages.Don't regret buying the Samsung though.Been trying it today with DVD and Blu-Rays and then tonight UHD.It is brilliant with all sources,UHD is awesome.We sit about 4 metres from the screen which is ideal for us.
Yep, I like the Samsung best too, the Panasonic isn't great with blu Ray in my view.  
In what way? It's all digital, so performance should be the same.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
RodhasGibson said:
Thats a shame Gel,Just watched UHD Version of Matt Damons Martian. Stunning really Stunning Picture is all I can say.Good Movie too.I went for the Samsung UBD K8500 UHD Player in the end,as no Panasonics available in the near future due to back orders and supply shortages.Don't regret buying the Samsung though.Been trying it today with DVD and Blu-Rays and then tonight UHD.It is brilliant with all sources,UHD is awesome.We sit about 4 metres from the screen which is ideal for us.
Yep, I like the Samsung best too, the Panasonic isn't great with blu Ray in my view.
In what way? It's all digital, so performance should be the same.
The Samsung looked really bright and fantastic with a clean image, the Panasonic just looked ropey. It wasnt impressive.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
wink_smile.gif
Gel I too don't think the UB900 Panny Player is worth the extra money, [£170] now that i've played around with the Samsung.Thats quite a few extra discs we can buy.
teeth_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Gel I too don't think the UB900 Panny Player is worth the extra money, [£170] now that i've played around with the Samsung.Thats quite a few extra discs we can buy.
The LG 55ec930v OLED is turning up next Tuesday from John Lewis.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Gel, have you seen the What HI Fi Review of the Samsung UBD K8500. As for me I don't agree with their findings at all.They must have a different model to mine. As mine runs and plays perfect. To give it 3 Stars is taking the Michael.I used to trust the reviews on here,but not anymore. I now look at Steve Withers on AVF. for a more realistic and profesional opinion.

D

Deleted member 2457

RodhasGibson said:
Gel, have you seen the What HI Fi Review of the Samsung UBD K8500. As for me I don't agree with their findings at all.They must have a different model to mine. As mine runs and plays perfect. To give it 3 Stars is taking the Michael.I used to trust the reviews on here,but not anymore. I now look at Steve Withers on AVF. for a more realistic and profesional opinion.
Yep, I have seen it!
regular_smile.gif
I loved the Samsung.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Gel. Want to say thanks again. The £300 credit was on my cc within a couple of days.

Im on AV Forums (richardw42). If you PM me your address details and a your choice of BD, I'll order it from Amazon.

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
Gel. Want to say thanks again. The £300 credit was on my cc within a couple of days.

Im on AV Forums (richardw42). If you PM me your address details and a your choice of BD, I'll order it from Amazon.
Ah cheers mate, but you don't need to do that, I am happy to help. Cheers again.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Am actually tempted seems like a good deal. Would be 2 inches dwn from wht I have now but Will be a real improvement in picture quality, at least displaying black levels. The only reason am holding back is for things to settle dwn a little bit more as per HDR & Dolby Vision. Would I benefit from a calibration of my current tv set..? Never had a tv set calibrated before. Most of my friends have their tv sets calibrated. Telling me to have mine done, but am a bit reluctant the sony does not have a full cms system to tweak picture? Also am looking at soon to upgrade my Graphic cards to the Nvidia 4K 1080 series, for immersive 4k gaming.

Also need to make sure there would be no handshake problems when gaming. Decisions decisions.*wacko*

D

Deleted member 2457

D

Deleted member 2457

I have contacted Richard and left a message but can't find Rod's details.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello Gel, BB is right.Even John Lewis have different prices for shop and online purchases ie online is cheaper.But will only match a physical high st shop that has it in Stock and offers the same or longer Guarrantee. Thanks for the nod though.

D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.powerdirect.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/8635/s/panasonic-tx58dx902b-58-uhd-premium-4k-pro-thx-display-pro-led-tv/?gclid=CjwKEAjw7e66BRDhnrizmcGc8VcSJABR6gaRiAr3UqS4QdQMPlTF1K7HMB5gklXBOCrlORfI5PCiyxoCTG3w_wcB

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
https://www.powerdirect.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/8635/s/panasonic-tx58dx902b-58-uhd-premium-4k-pro-thx-display-pro-led-tv/?gclid=CjwKEAjw7e66BRDhnrizmcGc8VcSJABR6gaRiAr3UqS4QdQMPlTF1K7HMB5gklXBOCrlORfI5PCiyxoCTG3w_wcB
John Lewis price match with these. Bargain!

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
gel said:
John Lewis price match with these. Bargain!
Guys, you missed the £2000 deal, now £2280.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the email Gel and the info posted here.

Ive had the TVs for well over a month h and already had one £300 price match from JL.

Their policy states 28 days.

I thought this tv was a bargain at £2800 so at the prices available now it's incredible.

D

Deleted member 2457

richardw42 said:
Thanks for the email Gel and the info posted here.

Ive had the TVs for well over a month h and already had one £300 price match from JL.

Their policy states 28 days.

I thought this tv was a bargain at £2800 so at the prices available now it's incredible.
Fair enough mate, I was hoping you would be able to get another price match, if the £2000 deal was still on, if it was me I would be tempted to return the TV because you get 90 days to do that and order a new one - tempted? No probs btw.